I have many ideas for posts running through my head. But, I'll spare you my whining about my sore, bedrested bottom. This morning, my husband (Yes, he was actually up before noon. Again...) and I were reflecting on the last time we were truly happy (Yes, we do have moments of happiness now, but they are often a bit clouded by our grief). When coercing my husband to take this trip to Europe in 2007, I told him that we needed to do this or start having babies. I also mentioned that we were lucky because all four of our parents were still in good health and that we didn't have any responsibilities that were preventing us from going. Shortly upon return, his mother was diagnosed with cancer. And, then my father died and well, you know how the rest of the story goes. Hmmm... Intuition? This was truly a trip of a lifetime. And, I am so glad we went before everything went to shit.
We saw beautiful sights.

Prague

Venice

Bologna

Florence

Rome
Drank and ate way too much.

Tuscany

Bologna

Prague Beer Garden
And, ate gelato twice a day. If you've been to Italy in August, you understand why this was necessary.

Bologna

Tuscany
Ah, good times. I can't wait to go and see some more of the world. Hopefully, next time there will be an extra person in tow.
Oh what beautiful pictures! And such a beautiful couple! I am looking forward to the beautiful family vacation shots to come! xoxo
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures!! What a great trip. I am jealous. :) You will have a little one in tow next time. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! This is a beautiful and positive post - I am happier having read it :)
ReplyDeleteWow, it looks like an awesome trip! My hubby works for Delta so we've had the pleasure of being able to travel a good bit...I was talking to my hubby last night about how I can't wait to travel with Cooper. My greatest desire is for him to be a citizen of the world and not an ignorant American...
ReplyDeleteI know you, hubby and Nora will have a blast in life and chalk up many stamps on the passports :)
What a trip to be able to take :) So glad you have these memories together. xx
ReplyDeleteI've never seen your husband in person, nor have I ever seen a picture of him ('til now). In the second picture my first thought was that Ella looks JUST like him.
ReplyDeleteYes, and to copy the previous comment, I know that you two and Nora will have many travels together.
Sorry about the bedrest :(
Great pictures! It looks like you had a beautiful trip. I can't wait to see future pictures. xo
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you all enjoyed the pictures. They brightened my spirit a bit, too.
ReplyDeleteJen- I want to hear more about your travels. I know you were planning a trip to Ireland/Scotland? when you found out that were expecting Cooper.
Amber- you are so right. Ella looked exactly like Aren. The other night, I was watching him sleep because he reminded me so much of her.
Very beautiful pictures. Makes me want to take a trip.
ReplyDeleteLoved those pictures! I'm glad you were able to go to all those beautiful places!
ReplyDeleteThat's so awesome you were able to go. I bet it was such a great trip!!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! Your pictures are beautiful! They make me want to travel, eat ice cream and drink beer! hehe. Glad to hear they made you smile as well. Hugs!!
ReplyDeleteOh Bree...
ReplyDeleteThose photos took me back in time to a place in my life 5 years ago when I was SO VERY HAPPY! My Hubby and I lived in Europe for 2 years and it was the most incredible, blissful time in my life! I miss Gelato, the fabulous cheeses, walks in the park, the laid back lifestyle, my European friends and visiting the most beautiful places on Earth. Tuscany is my absolute favorite and I had a love affair with Italy and the Italian people.
Good news is that we will BOTH know that wonderful feeling again...I'm FAITHFUL! Hope your sore bum is holding up to the P shots. Know that I'm thinking of you and sending love.
Ciao!
I am so jealous! We had an "IVF over England" decision in 2008 - it's such a hard decision to make those priorities, but it looks from the smiles on your faces like you made the right one! I want some gelato!!!
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL Bree. I've always wanted to travel to Europe. One of these day we will!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing!
*hugs*
Sunil and I dreamt about going to Europe but we were in a hurry to have our baby. By the time we met and married, we knew we did not have much time to wait. First it took so long to have a baby and then we lost Akul. Now we cannot do anything fun without crying at the end of the day. Why is a normal life so out of reach for so many of us. Hugssssss.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful pictures, looks like you guys had a great time.
ReplyDeleteOh how I would LOVE to visit those places! I've always had a dream of doing it, but most of my adult life was spent being a single, un-educated Mom working minimum wage jobs to support my children. I have NO money to take such awesome trips. So I must live vicariously through others. Which I just did through your entry. ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing how quickly things change, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures, we have talked about going to Europe for a family trip. You will have another in tow for your next trip!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing Bree! Hope you are hanging in there! xx
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing this! I think our next big trip will be Europe...the #1 place I'd like to visit is definitely Italy!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you, my dear!
Wow that trip looked AWESOME! And gelato is heaven -- there is a place I love in STL called the Gelateria, and its about as close as I'm going to get to European gelato :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you put these up, they are gorgeous!
Great pics from what looks to be a wonderful trip! Nora is lucky to have parents who are well-traveled and will bring her on adventures.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing those! It was great to look at them!! Hope your doing well!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pictures!!!! Oh what we wouldnt give to be in that frame of mind again, right? I am glad your pictures bring you joy and happy memories, you deserve them! Hope being off work helps you to be stress free and relaxed!! Love, nan xo
ReplyDeleteI love this post. Especially b/c you know my back up plan if I lose this baby is to run away to Italy. At this point, it would probably be forever ;-)
ReplyDeleteMy mantra is "there's always Italy." Sad, actually, that Italy is something that makes me feel better about losing a child. I'm sure only until I actually got off the plan. As I know from before, leaving your house and all the people you know doesn't help you escape reality...
Regardless, it's nice to reflect once in a while on how we "were." Whenever I see wedding photos (of myself or anyone else), I think of the innocence. On that day, you have no idea what lies ahead of you. Granted, on any given day you have no idea what lies ahead of you. And it's nice to look back on those days sometimes and escape the reality of what has, in fact, happened to you. Maybe I will take a cue from you and finally finish my scrapbook of Italy from the last time I was there...sounds like good therapy.
Mmmmm. Gelato in Italy in August. Your post just took me back. You all look so happy and carefree in those photos! What a journey you've been on since then....
ReplyDeleteI apologize for how far behind I've fallen with your blog! I have some catching up to do. I don't think I even realized that you found out you're expecting a sister for Ella. Such wonderful news!!!! Oh, how I love little girls. I'm sending tons of good thoughts & vibes in your direction.