
Lisette, Sami's mom sent this beautiful book for Nora. I just love it and find it so appropriate. I look forward to reading this book to Nora and telling her all about her sister. Husband and I are still grieving for Ella. Preparing for Nora is a reminder of all the things we didn't get to do for her. Yet, we love and adore our Nora so much and hope she realizes what her life means to us. I really wanted to share the words of the book here.
Someone Came Before You
There was once a mommy and daddy who loved each other very much.
They loved to ride their bikes and dance and watch TV and even do chores together.
But they knew something was missing.
They knew what was missing wasn't a cat or a dog or a bird or a hamster. They knew it wasn't a new car or a new TV.
They knew they wanted to share their life with someone very special.
They wanted a baby that would grow into a little person who would also love to ride bikes and dance and even do chores with them.
They were so excited when they realized this special person was on the way.
They heard their baby and felt their baby and watched their baby grow. This was to be a very special baby.
And the mommy would sit in the rocker and sing to her baby, "baby, I'm waiting for you. Praying for you. Dreaming of you. And when another day is through I'll still be waiting for you."
They loved their special baby very much.
But things didn't go as planned. Their very special baby died.
The mommy and daddy missed their special baby very much. They cried and cried and were sad a whole lot.
And the mommy sang as she sat in the rocker, "baby, we remember you. Think of you. Pray for you. And when another day is through, we'll still remember you."
Nothing would make them happy.
And so their hearts grew very small. Nothing could get in. Nothing seemed to matter. They didn't want to ride their bikes or dance or even do their chores. They just wanted their baby.
Even thought the special baby died, the baby kept loving the mommy and daddy and tried to make them happy again.
Their special baby was very patient. And the special baby would sing, "mommy, I remember you. Think of you. Pray for you. And when another day is through I still remember you."
Finally after what seemed like much work on the special baby's part, the mommy and daddy's hearts were stretched big enough to let in more love.
And now there was room enough for another special baby to come into their hearts...and that special baby is YOU.
We still think of that special baby that came before you. We hang the baby's ornament on the tree next to yours.
And we have a little box that we pull out from time to time that holds memories of that special baby.
And sometimes we light a candle for the baby and thank the baby for stretching our hearts to make room for you.










what a wonderful book. What a great friend to get that book for you so that you can share it with Nora and tell her all about Ella.
ReplyDelete*hugs*
This made me cry. What a wonderful gift.
ReplyDeleteThat's so special!
ReplyDelete*hugs*
I am crying as I am reading it!
ReplyDeletehow beautiful. i must find that book when I get pregnant again
ReplyDeleteWow, I love it. I think I need to buy a copy for Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteI love that. I am going to my friend's shower this month. She is having a rainbow baby. It will be perfect.
ReplyDeletejust beautiful, if ivf ever works for me i will definitely get a copy xxx
ReplyDeleteOh, I love that. It's perfect. XO
ReplyDeleteOh wow, what a wonderful book. I had tears reading it, but it says it so perfectly.
ReplyDeleteCrying my eyes out now. It's a sweet book but it just sucks to even need it. What a thoughtful gift tho <3
ReplyDelete*tears*, what a beautiful book, thank you sooooo much for sharing it, its a must get. xxx
ReplyDeleteThat's really beautiful. What a great way to share with Nora.
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing and yes, I want one too!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is the sweetest thing ever. I love it.
ReplyDelete((tears)) that is so stinkin' sweet...
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like an awesome book!! Perfect!!
ReplyDeletemaking me tear up! What a wonderful book - such a great friend to send it to you too! :)
ReplyDeleteso beautiful. brings tears to my eyes.
ReplyDeletehope you are doing well!
I have been on the hunt for this book!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it a wonderful book!? I'm glad she sent you one too. I cried reading it!
ReplyDeleteThis had me crying my eyes out. It explains so perfectly to a new child about the one that came before... I just have to find it now. I also wonder if there's one that works as a keepsake for an older child. As hard as it will be to tell our new baby about our son who was taken too soon, it almost seems easy compared to telling our (then) 8 year old that her baby brother was gone. She still struggles sometimes and I think something similar to this book would really help her...
ReplyDeleteThank you for a beautiful post!
I really like that there is a book for this, its so weird that we dont know these things until now....Its a great way to talk about the babies with the new babies
ReplyDeleteThat's such a beautiful book. I'm very sorry for the loss of baby Ella, but I'm so glad you've got another on the way!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading my blog. :)
That was an amazing book and everything said so perfectly ... if there is such a word to apply to such a sad experience. I never thought about the tears shed for the baby who didn't make it before me ... Linda Romaine, born in 1944.
ReplyDelete