Friday, January 21, 2011

This Week

This week was definitely better than the last. I think the fact that the weather has been spectacular helped. I've been making an effort to get out and walk each day, toting Nora and our dog to different parks around then neighborhood. We've also walked to Star.bucks and a nearby baby store twice, and took a drive to one of my new favorite cupcake shops. At the cupcake shop, I met a mom who has a baby 2 weeks younger than Nora. She and I set up a play date and lunch for next week. Even with the little cold Nora is fighting, she's been very happy this week. I think she likes the sunshine too. I also finished a hat for a friend I've been working on for like 6 months and started a new one for Nora. And, I've started planning our Little Lady's 1st Birthday Party. That's right, Nora peanut turns 8 months old this weekend. I'm planning on making some of the decorations myself, so I thought I'd better get started. It's going to take me a whole lot of 20 minute nap times to get them done. Thank you everyone for all your love and support after my last post. This motherhood thing combined with the grief I'm still experiencing is tough and I'm so glad I still have this safe place to vent.

4 comments:

  1. Yes that's right -lean on us. Ups and downs are normal. It's hard when you've lost a baby b/c you feel like you shouldn't have downs. But you know - more than anyone I've ever known, you have so much to grieve. You've been so much and have lost so much. You don't know it yet but Nora is helping you through your grieving process even though it is far from over. We love you Bree...somehow you'll make it through and one day we'll be sitting there watching Nora graduate high school. Imagine. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree,

    I am SO proud of you for putting yourself out there at the Cup Cake shoppe, meet another Mommy and made a play date! That is super hard to do I give you HUGE KUDO's for making a date! Being in a new place is tough....continue to give it time and make little steps :)

    As for the grief, feel what comes your way. I'm so sorry for the hurt you feel and I will be praying for your heart. I only wish I cold make it better. I struggle some myself.

    As Kathy said, "lean on us"

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that this week was better - glad you met a new friend and are planning for future fun. I love that you are making some of Nora's decorations - so hard to believe that the big 1st Birthday is coming up so soon! I love you and think about you very often.

    ReplyDelete