Thursday, February 24, 2011

Birthday Blues

Today is my 31st Birthday. I should be happy. But, I feel sad. Three years ago on my Birthday, my dad was gravely ill. He passed away 3 weeks later. Two years ago, I was blissfully pregnant with Ella. I had just found out that she was a she and DH had bought me a beautiful diaper bag as a gift. Three weeks later, she passed away too. I feel like I'm starting to relive those dates all over again. Will my heart ever stop aching?

16 comments:

  1. Each year, it will be a little easier, but the sting will always be there. I'm so sorry you are down on your birthday. I hope that your special day gets better and that you end up having a very happy birthday! *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so get this. I dread my birthday, too. I found out I was pregnant with Lily on my 30th birthday...This will always be the significance of March 26th, now.

    I suspect the sting will always be there, my friend. ((hugs)) Ella is lucky to have you as her mommy. She's celebrating you today, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Bree. I'm sorry that birthdays come with painful memories.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry Bree, I wish there was something I could do or say to take away your bday blues.
    Thinking of you and wishing you a happy birthday! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry that today is extra tough. I have no wise words but I am sending much love and hugs across the ocean to you. I hope that your beautiful girl can show you that she is thinking of you in some special way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bree, I am so sorry you are sad. And while you will always ache those losses you have already learned so many wonderful ways to deal with them (if that's even possible) I hope you are able to enjoy the little moments even through the sadness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My birthday is four weeks after Hope's and it is never an easy time of year for me. I was in such a fog that first year and I had all these people wishing me a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" when all I wanted to do was curl up and die. Slowly things have got better, but my birthday will never be the same.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs Bree! I hope you are able to enjoy the day, but I can understand how much you miss your dad and baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you and so sorry your birthday can't just be a huge celebration! I'm hoping the cupcakes and chocolate cake continue to help :) I'm sorry for your losses, both are heartbreaking and not "gotten over" ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry today was filled with mixed emotions. I just know Ella and your dad were eating a birthday cupcake for you. You are loved, Bree. Happy Birthday old lady ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bree, you have been traumatized around your birthday twice, so it's no wonder you are sad. I wish I could take away your pain. Please know I'm thinking about you & saying a little prayer for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. *hugs* I need to call you...its been too long!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry, Bree. Big hugs to you.

    love,
    ebe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bree, I wish I could give you a big hug. I understand how you feel, March sucks! <3 to your sweet father and beautiful baby Ella.

    ReplyDelete