I met Alyssa, another IC mom via the Internet shortly after I had Nora. She had recently given birth to her rainbow, Tres. And, we lost our firstborn children (she lost twins, Andrew and Dalton) within two weeks of each other. We had many conversations via facebook over the last year and I finally met Alyssa and her family over 4th of July weekend. Lucky me! She comes to CA annually, so we can't wait to see her next year. Nora and Tres were darling together. We have big plans for these two strawberry blonde's when they get older. Won't these pics be awesome in their wedding slide show? Alyssa makes me laugh daily and she's got a huge fetish for shoes. I couldn't wait to check out her kicks during our visit. She had Chanel's on... Of course. We had so much fun together!
A few days later, we had lunch with Lisette and her darling rainbow Emma. Her sweet first born joined us as well. We only live an hours distance from each other, but between pregnancies and newborn babies, this was the first chance we had to get together. Sweet Emma was the tiniest thing and I couldn't get enough of her. I thought she looked very much like her older sister, Sami.
Shortly after we moved, one of my very best blog friends came to visit. Christy and I grew close when we discovered that we were expecting our rainbow's within weeks of each other. Neither of us remember who asked first, but basically we agreed to be "freaky, pregnant girls" together. We were both teaching at the time and we exchanged emails back and forth all day long about our worries and stresses of pregnancy after loss. After we had our babies, we started talking on the phone and skyping regularly. Even though we had never met until July, she was/is one of my most favorite people. I'm trying very hard to get this girl to move to California.
While Christy was here, Tina and Gigi came to visit. They drove all the way down to LA during Carmeggedon weekend. If you don't know what Carmeggedon is... a major freeway was shut down the entire weekend and the mayor advised everyone to stay home. Tina chanced it (well, actually she coerced her sweet husband into driving her)and actually made great time. Tina brought bikinis for all the girls to wear. Serious cuteness here!
Finally, our last stop on the BLM tour... I took Christy out to visit Rachel and her rainbow's Monkey and Snuggles. I just adore Rachel and love that she is so close to me. I can't wait until she is off miserable bedrest and we can hang out more. Rachel is the cutest pregnant girl, by the way.










so awesome that you got to meet up with such awesome BLMs (that includes you!) :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you've made these awesome connections. Both online and in real life.
ReplyDeletexo
So nice that you got to meet so many similar mamas. If I'm ever in LA, I'll let you know, and if you ever come to Baltimore, let me know!
ReplyDeleteLove that you are meeting these incredible moms.
ReplyDeleteI agree - it's so nice to meet them face to face. Looks like you really did have so much fun. I guess I've been out of tune - I don't feel like I knew about all of these visits!!!
ReplyDeleteYay for this post! I love seeing BLMs getting together and enjoying time together. :)
ReplyDeleteMy little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guild lines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,
ReplyDelete