Thursday, October 8, 2009

Holidays





While shopping this weekend, husband and I came across some baby Halloween outfits and costumes. With heavy hearts, we looked through the outfits and tried to determine which one we would have put Ella in for Halloween. That's when the husband suggested we just buy the outfit that we would have bought. So, that's what we did. I chose this little footed onsie because I liked the pumpkin on the butt. I bought it in the size that Ella should have been had she been born in July. Right now it's hanging in the closet with all of her other outfits. I asked the husband if that meant that we could buy Ella some Christmas items as well. He said, of course.

A few weeks ago I decided that even though I don't want to do anything for the Christmas this year, I would like to decorate a tree with butterflies and white twinkle lights. I shared this idea with my friend Kate and she told me she was already thinking of doing the same thing. She immediately forwarded me the name of a site that sells beautiful butterflies for a reasonable price.
Right now, I'm trying to decide which colors I'd like to do. Pink and silver? Pink and white? What do you think?

23 comments:

  1. Hmmm...pink and white because white reminds me of purity and innocence...just like what Ella would have been...pure and innocent. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out the site and don't think you could go wrong with any of the colors. The butterflies are beautiful! What a great idea for decorating a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that you buy outfits for Ella. That is really special. I think it's a great idea to have a tree with butterflies! I think pink and silver would be soooo pretty together! You could get silver garland and a pink bow on top to accent the tree. :) Our tree we always have is blue and silver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally get to see Ella's Halloween outfit. It looks wonderful. I always imagine Ella as an angel full of light - sweet delicate ethereal. She has made you the keeper of so many colorful butterflies and I am sure no matter what color butterflies you choose to decorate your tree with, she will be there hugging you tight throughout the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it.
    I think maybe a mixture of the white and silver. It is going to be beautiful though which ever way you decide to go.

    *hugs my dear friend*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! I think pink and silver... it's going to be a lovely tree

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful idea. I LOVE the butterflies. Love them. I can't wait to see the pictures of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable little Halloween out-fit, I wish you could be putting it on Ella in a couple of weeks! I love your Christmas tree idea, it will be just beautiful! I've just begun starting to think of Christmas, and I know we will have some butterflies this year too, for Eliana.:) Thanks for posting the site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is sweet that your husband suggested buying Ella a halloween outfit. It is adorable. I wish she were here to wear it. The Christmas tree will be beautiful regardless of which colors you choose. I can't wait to see pictures of it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a cute little halloween outfit. I put Kathlyn's name on a pumpkin the other day, picturing ella's.

    i bought a "baby's first christmas 2009" ornament at CVS. it has baby pooh and tigger on it. very cute.. also an angel that was brown hair and blue eyes like her.. just had to have it. but im not doing christmas this year. just these two ornaments and a stocking for kathlyn.. that's all the decorating I will have the heart to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you bought her an outfit.. its adorable.. and I like the pink and silver butterflies, any will be nice though :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can also get those butterflies at any Michael's store. I got some for a tree, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this outfit. I can see her in it. I'm so sorry we won't be able to take her picture and tickle her while she's wearing it.
    I think you should do all different colors on the tree...
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute outfit. I remember last Christmas passing a darling dress that made me think of Malou, and I was so glad when my husband suggested we buy it for her. It's nice to do something for our daughters, isn't it? Just wish they were both here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Silver. Because every dark cloud....and our silver linings are coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry...a spelling error was driving me nut! haha

    Anyway...I love Ell's Halloween outfit. How adorable! So so very sweet guys bought it together.

    As for the tree, I think pink and white would be really pretty. No matter what, I am sure it will turn out as a perfect tribute to your little butterfly. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pink and white. Pink for Ella, white because its so innocent...just like Ella was.

    I think the sleeper is adorable, what a perfect choice. I'm sorry Ella is here to be able to wear it. :(

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Ella's outfit it is beautiful. I would go for the pink and silver if you are going to have white twinkle lights. Thank you for buying clothes for my drive.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ella's Halloween outfit is very cute!

    I purchased dinosaur pajamas for my son months after he died because I planned to get him some before everything turned out so wrong. It was very comforting to fulfill that plan even though he isn't around to wear them.

    I love the silver and the white and either will look so beautiful with the pink butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the tree idea. I think it is going to look amazing. I was thinking of doing an all angel one for Lukas. I wante to make a frog one for him but there are not many cute frog ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! I vote for pink and silver!! I have many butterflies on one of my Christmas trees (we have two)- and also each year at our hospital there is something called "Holiday HUGS" (HUGS stands for Healing and Understanding Grief Support- and is the group that I am a part of) Each year families go and make ornaments to remember the babies that have been lost. I love it and have so many many ornaments from friends and family that I may have to make a little tree just for my angels! (We bought a special angel topper that first year- it popped out at us as if this was what Andrew wanted us to put atop our tree each year!) I can't wait to see your beautiful tree! I can picture it in my mind!
    Hugs-
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think decorating a tree like that is a beautiful way to incorporate Ella into Christmas.

    We were thinking about getting a stocking for Madelyn and every Christmas writing her a letter to put in it. I thought that when we give her a sibling, that would be a way to make her a part of their life as well.

    I also love the outfit. Adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete