Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Preemie Awareness Day



I am joining my fellow bloggers today and posting for preemies. As I think about this day, I pray that this little one is born full term. No mother plans on their baby coming into the world with so many obstacles to overcome. Though, I know that prematurity is a possibility. Everyday I pray that I can get to at least 25 weeks, then 28, and then to 32. NICUs are performing miracles every day. I've actually come across some micropreemie miracles in the last few weeks. It makes me wonder what could have happened had Ella been born alive or had she had another week inside the womb.

I want to share a few Ella pictures with you. Thank you Holly for thinking of Ella when you did your fall photo shoot. Fall is my favorite season (even though we don't have fall here in San Diego).



Ashley, Mackenzie's Mama sent took this picture while she was on vacation recently. Thanks for thinking of us, Ashley!


I've been having fun picking up Christmas ornaments here and there for this year's tree. I've found a few butterfly ornaments, a silly one with Ella's name on it, and recently this angel from Hallmark. Hallmark actually has a sleeping baby angel ornament, but I chose this one because I thought the little girl was so cute. Ella had dark hair when she was born, so this little girl reminded me of her. Plus, before cupcakes and butterflies, hearts were my obsession.

13 comments:

  1. You're welcome ;)

    I think you picked out a great ornament for Ella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ornaments and beautiful picture by Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean - we pray now that our babies are full-term. That's nothing that "normal" women usually even consider as a question. Hoping that you have a full-term, too. :)

    Those pictures are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also wonder what could have been done to save my babies. The ornament is beautiful and so is the picture from Holly. I love my blog friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how nice......I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want your little one to stay in for atleast 32 weeks. Hugsssssss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bree, the ornaments are lovely. I am definately praying your little one goes full term. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. i found an angel at CVS that, like katie, had brown hair and blue eyes (they were open), so i had to have it. it reminds me a little of that one except for the open eyes.. i will have to post it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love the ornament. I think in the future we will do a tree for Madelyn, but I'm just not ready this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That link broke my heart. Why couldn't my children be those success stories? Why couldn't my baby boys have been saved? :(

    I can attest to knowing how you feel about setting goals to get to a certain stage in pregnancy. Some times its the only thing that gets you through the day. When you've been through what we have, the days are long long in a subsequent pregnancy.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. thinking of you

    http://cgi.ebay.com/POTTERY-BARN-KIDS-NEW-REINDEER-CHRISTMAS-STOCKING-ELLA_W0QQitemZ260507624795QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca776e55b

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bree, thank you for posting on this important topic and for reminding us of the importance of fighting for preemies. I'm sure you miss little Ella very much. I'm keeping only good thoughts in mind for this baby. May you have 40 healthy weeks with a beautiful baby at the end.

    ReplyDelete