Thursday, March 17, 2011

2 Years













We celebrated Ella's 2nd Birthday on Tuesday. We had a nice family day. I made cupcakes in the morning and then we spent the day driving up the coast. We stopped and had lunch at one of our favorite spots and then took Nora on a little shopping spree. I felt so much gratitude that day. I'm very thankful to be only two years out from my loss and have such a beautiful, living baby to love on. I dressed Nora in a beautiful tutu because I felt like it was a celebratory outfit. On the way home, we stopped at the beach and wrote Ella's name in the sand. Ella sent us two beautiful Monarch butterflies while we were there. In the evening, we light candles and sang Happy Birthday. We also have a tradition that we started last year of writing in a birthday card. This year, I purchased a silhouette pic of my favorite ultrasound image as her birthday gift.

As usual, the days leading up to her birthday were pretty emotional and seemed worse than the day itself. Even though I celebrate Ella's life in small ways every day, it is nice to know that March 15th that will always be her special day.

Thank you to all my wonderful friends who sent their love this week. xo

16 comments:

  1. Wishing your beautiful Ella a belated happy second birthday. The pictures are beautiful and I love Nora's tutu, so special. I hope the coming days are gentle for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love love love the cupcake set. Did you order the pinwheels or make them? You didn't say you got them - they are perfect!
    How do you like the canvas of her ultrasound? It looks like it came out really good. I love it.
    Gosh - I feel like I missed out on a party or something. But we did sing and blow out a candle for Miss Ella. She is celebrated - we just wish we could see her toddling around in her own tutu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and baby Ella so much and wishing she was here with her baby sister.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful day you shared. Look at all those roses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to remember Ella. Thinking of you Bree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You celebrated Ella in a wonderful way on her birthday. Nora looks so cute and festive! Sending love & hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwww Ella's day looks like it was perfect (as it can be without her here). Nora was definitely represnting in the tutu ;) I think of Ella often and especially when I see butterflies. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful day and way to celebrate your little sweetheart, Ella. Nora looks like a little doll as she honors her big sister. Thanks for sharing, Bree. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you love and hugs always Bree. My heart goes out to you and I'm tearful for you knowing the intense grief that birthdays bring. I'm holding you close.

    Much love and thank you for the sweet words on my blog.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful day!! I am sorry my card was late :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of love and hugs! Happy birthday beautiful Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Ella's cupcakes. And yes, Nora's tutu is the perfect outfit for her big sister's birthday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cupcakes look so yummy! What a beautiful day it sounds like. Love the bday card idea & her ultrasound pic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry I didn't say anything to you on the 15th, but with Lily's birthday on the 16th, my mind has been all over the place. Happy birthday to sweet Ella. I know what you mean about having a special day that belongs all to our girls. Even though I try to remember her in special ways all the time. I feel like I am constantly looking for things with Lilys on it. Like I'm literally obsessed with buying things and making things for her. Weird?

    You have given me a good idea. I think I'll start writing in a special card each year for Lily's birthday and store it in her memory chest.

    With Lily's first birthday, I had NO idea what to expect. I feel like the entire month of March has this fog over it. But, like you, I feel like the days leading up to the 16th were the hardest. There were lots of tears on her birthday, but a lot of peace as well. The days since then have been a little easier, but I'm definitely ready for March to be OVER!

    Question-did you do something special to that silhouette picture of your favorite ultrasound image? I absolutely love it! I'd love to do one for Lily like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Much love to you and Ella always! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guild lines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,

    ReplyDelete