Friday, July 15, 2011

Finally! I Get to Decorate A Nursery!

I don't really post about Nora on here. But, I feel this is a special milestone for me (us). So, I wanted to share it.

Finally! I got to decorate and "nest" for Nora. We moved shortly before Ella was born and I had planned on keeping her in my room for the first year. Then, when I was pregnant with Nora, I couldn't even fathom bringing a baby home, therefore did not plan anything during my pregnancy. So, now, at one year's old (almost 14 months, actually), Nora gets her nursery. I just LOVE it! It's the perfect combination of modern and shabby chic (I don't even know if that's a style, but I'm finding out that I love both). The color is bold, but I'm so glad I decided to take the risk. All of the artwork was done by my mother in law. The cat painting was given to us as one of our wedding presents. At the time, Patches was our first and only baby, we just loved it. We received the painting of Cassidy for our 6th wedding anniversary. MIL had painted it to go in Ella's nursery (the only plan I had for Ella's future nursery was that I wanted it to be silver sage and chocolate brown). She did the cupcake painting when I found out Ella was a girl. And, finally she did a sketch of Nora as a first birthday present. The dresser is special because it was mine as a kid. I don't have a ton of things from my childhood and since my parents are gone now too, I feel really sentimental about it. Since I was a teenager, I knew it would go in my child's room someday. Nothing is really finished in the house, except Nora's room. I love sitting in there. I think Nora does, too.

I love that some of Ella's things are mixed in with Nora's. Ella, you are always with us. xo

There is a pic of Nora thrown in there. I think I downloaded it by accident. But, I'm leaving it. She is cruising up and down the house now and can turn around when she hits a dead end. She also started standing (I call it surfing) on her own and takes about 3-5 steps on her own now. How big she is!










6 comments:

  1. Love it!! I am getting the hang of the idea of doing a nursery. I think one day it will get done. If my cousin has anything to do with it,it will be done next week. <3 Glad you did this. Nora is a doll <3 ella <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely beautiful! I love it and also love the Ella touches. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bree,

    She's adorable and gorgeous!!!! And growing! Her room is so sweet and I'm glad you got to decorate it as you wanted, its beautiful :)

    Hope that you are well and getting settled...I think of you often.

    Have a great week!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a big girl! I am in love with the color of the room. Very classic. There is something magical about a nursery. I put mine all together when Tres was 9 weeks old finally. Like you, I never imagined putting a real baby in there. with my my twins i basically had it all planned out when I was 18 weeks pregnant but with Tres, I waited till 30 weeks to start. It is my favorite space in the house. I love going in there and remembering putting it together and all the special touches that made it his. Nora and you will love playing dress up and having doll houses to put together in this room. and the door looks durable, for when she is a pre-teen and kicking it will all of her might because you wont let her go see Justin Beib's reunion tour with Jaden smith!! It is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guild lines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,

    ReplyDelete