Saturday, March 17, 2012

Three

She would have been three on Thursday. Three. Three whole years since I held her in my arms. When I say, "three" out loud, it sounds like an eternity. It doesn't feel that way though, it feels like yesterday. The days leading up to her birthday were awful. No gifts to open. No party to plan. No little lady to love on... But, still it was necessary to plan a celebration.

I was glad to keep busy on her actual birthday. Looks like we have started a tradition of driving up the coast that day. We reminisced about Ella's pregnancy, the day she was born, how beautiful and perfect she was.









We ended up in Santa Barbara. We walked on the beach, had a beautiful lunch at Trattoria Mollie, visited the Mission there, and watched the sunset. I felt so grateful to have Nora here to make me smile that day (well, everyday). Nora said, "Birthday Ella" and "More Ella cake." We took Ella's ashes with us and Nora kept asking to hold "Ella's rock." I don't know how a nearly two year old "gets it," but she just seems to love and adore her sister.






We light a candle for Ella and for my dad inside the Mission.


Even though we've had a very warm winter, it was actually a bit chilly that day, so we ate our Ella cake in the car.


We like to do something good in Ella's name each year.A few months ago, I decided I wanted to cut off a large chunk of my hair and donate it to Lock.s Of Lov.e for Ella's Birthday. I actually chopped it a few weeks ago, but I waited until the 15th to mail it off. I loved being able to stamp Ella's footprints on the envelope.




I am lucky. I still grieve for Ella. I still have so many regrets. Still have hard days. I have many scars. But, I am blessed. I smile. I laugh. I do not feel guilty for those things anymore. I am fortunate to have one perfect child to share my life with. I have many beautiful friends who celebrate Ella with me, too. Thank you to all of my sweet friends who continue to send cards and reach out to us year after year.

Happy Birthday to my sweet first born. xo Ella xo

14 comments:

  1. Love to you, Bree, and your beautiful Ella in the sky. Sending many hugs to you this week and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious. I love the picture of you two. Just adorable...she is very much a mini-you!

    And I adore how she loves her Ella so much. I am praying and working to have that for Luke about Matthew every day.

    Thought of you lots and lots this week...sending you love and more love....
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way to spend the day remembering Ella, and your dad. Remembering Ella, and thinking of you. Glad to hear you are smiling and laughing guilt-free these days. Ella would want nothing more than for her mama ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to spend the day, even if it was a bit on the chilly side.

    Ella's treats cards look fabulous!
    Could Nora be any cuter?
    Love that you are donating your hair!

    Happy 3rd Birthday Ella!

    Your mommy is fabulous, Ella. She is a thoughtful, caring and really funny lady who brings support and comfort to me on a regular basis. I am glad to have met her but would erase our friendship in a heartbeat if it meant that you could still be in her arms.

    Much love to you Bree.
    x <3 o

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing how Nora celebrates her big sister's bday. It is truly inspiring how you keep her memory alive and openly talk about her. I know it was an incredibly hard day for your family. loves to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) I think you celebrated her wonderfully. And I love that you donated to locks of love in her memory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a beautiful day in honor of Ella. Sending you hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a sweet little celebration you had for Ella. I am so happy you have Nora to celebrate Ella with you. I think she loves Ella so much because she can feel the love you have for Ella too. Donating your hair was so sweet of you, some darling little girl or boy will be happy with your beautiful color hair. Love, love, love Ella's little footprints. Sending hugs from our family to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like Ella's birthday was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Missing Ella with you. Can't believe how big Nora is getting. She's beautiful, as is her big sister.

    love,
    ebe

    ReplyDelete
  11. My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guild lines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following... Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owner of this blog = a loser...

      Delete
  12. And now, 16. Happy, happy birthday, sweet Ella. Thank you for bring me your mommy, but I wish she had you instead <3

    ReplyDelete