Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Ella!

My heart was full yesterday. So many people were remembering Ella with us and that felt good. Thank you for helping to make Ella's 1st Birthday extra special. xoxo

On Sunday, we delivered these hand print kits to the hospital where Ella was born. I enjoyed a nice visit with the wonderful nurse who cared for me during Ella's delivery. On our way out, DH and I released a butterfly in the hospital's courtyard.



About a month ago, I wrote to the Butterflies and Prayers Organization to inquire about receiving a couple of butterflies to release on Ella's birthday. I was matched up with a local farmer who doesn't live too far from my house. This local farmer just so happened to be baby loss mama, as well. Kathie lost her son, Chase about 9 years ago. She was so sweet to me. She drove the butterflies over to a family member's house for me and even included a little butterfly bib for Nora in her package. The butterflies were so beautiful and made our day extra special. Thank you, Kathie!





My husband joked the other night that it's been a full time job bringing the mail in this week. Our table was overflowing with the cards and gifts we received for Ella.







We forgot to buy birthday candles, so DH made this candle. I was impressed!





My good friend Kathy made Ella her own batch of cupcakes. Aren't they darling? She even sent me a video of her daughter singing Happy Birthday and blowing out Ella's birthday candle.







I received so many email and facebook messages yesterday. Thank you everyone for thinking of us!


Thank you, Franchesca!


Thank you, Kelly!


xoxo, Kelly


Thank you, Monica!


Thank you, Kelli!


Thank you, Jess!

26 comments:

  1. Ella was defiantly remembered on her 1st birthday! ((hugs)) I wish that she was here with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Ella had a beautiful day....you may have a couple straglers coming in the mail...don't have Aren stop mail duty just yet LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this. What a wonderful way to celebrate sweet Ella. Thinking of you all! *hugs* to you, and Happy Birthday to Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Ella! How wonderful that she is loved by so many. What beautiful gifts you recieved in her memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Ella! Glad you could have a good bday for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE how the butterflies worked out... I may have to look into that :) I am SO glad you felt like your daughter was remembered.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Bree, that's amazing. The ceramic butterfly cupcake in the middle of the table is my favorite - how perfect! Aren's candle is really neat. I'm so happy it was a memorable day as it should have been. Ella was smiling - for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you could feel us all thinking about and your sweet girl yesterday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful - and how wonderful she was rememebred by so many :) Everything looks amazing! Happy Birthday sweet Ella xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Ella! Indeed she was celebrated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful day for yourself and Ella! I'm so glad. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday to Ella! I'm so glad to see it was wonderful. I saw your post on FB last night about your DH making the candle, and I was skeptical. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Baby Ella was certainly celebrated and remembered on her birthday. Her life was NOT in vain - she had a purpose, and we all love her so much.Hope you are doing OK today.
    Blessings, Sarita

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Ella cupcakes :) It sounds like a very beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a beautiful birthday celebration for Ella - thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that is so great that so many people remembered Ella on her day. Everything looks beautiful, I love the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ella sure has been close to my heart lately! I love that you did a butterfly release. What a lovely birthday for your sweet girl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a very special day celebrating Ella! The hospital, the butterfly, the cupcakes, all so wonderful in remembrance of such a sweet baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sending many prayers for you and Nora. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you had a wonderful day for Ella's birthday. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Somehow Blogger didn't update me on this blog - I just wanted to send more love for Ella. I was thinking of you and her on your birthday, and am thinking of you and Nora today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Bree- I saw your message on my blog and just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and I hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bree---I've been wrapped up too much in myself lately. I have been thinking about you this week, and how your heart aches for your Ella.

    I'm praying for you and sweet Nora this very minute.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ugh! I am so disgustingly behind! My sincerest apologies and happy belated 1st birthday to darling Ella!

    What wonderful celebrations and keepsakes you received!

    I know your heart must be heavy and I know you are going through so much right now. Even if I don't get time to come read on time, please know I am thinking about you every day!

    Lots of love,

    Sarah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bree, for some reason I'm not getting your blog updates and I'm so sorry I've not been kept up to date with what's been going on with you. Wishing your beautiful butterfly Ella a happy first birthday in Heaven and praying for you and baby Nora. You are in my thoughts and prayers right now, please know we are keeping all our fingers and toes crossed for you to get through this stressful time. Sending you my love, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  26. So sorry I missed commenting on her day. :(

    But I am wishing Ella a very happy 1st birthday!! You are such a special and beautiful little girl!

    (((hug)))

    ReplyDelete