I woke up super early and started knitting this hat. This hat is for a full size newborn baby. I don't know why, but some external force pulled me towards this project yesterday. I felt the need to construct a hat for our next baby. How neat will it be when I get to put this hat on our next baby and know that it was created on Ella's Day.

While I put my energy into knitting, the husband put his into making a mixed tape for Ella (Well... it was a CD, but I love how cheesy mixed tape sounds- remember those?). He's been into Micheal Jackson this week, so the CD is a combination of songs from MJ. It includes songs like Smile (I think of you, Courtney when I hear this song), ABC, and Heal The World. We had it playing throughout the day. My husband jokingly said, "Are you gonna start sending my CDs to other lost baby moms?" I actually think this is a great idea. So, if you want a copy- email me- briannemeg@yahoo.com. I've been having so much fun sending my butterflies out. It gives me a lot of joy to know that in just a few days my little package will be bringing a smile to a mama's face.
We received some beautiful bouquets of flowers too. This one is from my mama. It is called the Butterfly Kisses bouquet.

My friend, Amber dropped off this beautiful arrangement. These flowers were from Amber, but also my friend's Andrea, Christa, and Tara. They are gorgeous and smell so lovely!

I also received this beautiful hankerchief in the mail from Deborah at For Your Tears. Deborah is a kind woman who makes hankys for lost baby moms. Please stop by her blog and check it out. Ironically, Deborah lives in my hometown!

In the late afternoon, Dear Husband and I decided to go down to the beach for a walk. It was a beautiful day. We wrote Ella's name in the sand while we were there. I had to write it five or six times because the waves kept coming in and washing her name away. Yes, I see the symbolism here! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me to take a picture. I usually have a camera on me, so it stunk that I didn't have it with me yesterday. But, I guess I can always go back down there another day.
When we got home from the beach, there was an Entourage marathon on HBO. So, we finished the day by watching three hours of episodes while eating fajitas in bed.
I hope the work I did this week made you proud, my dear sweet baby.
** I almost forgot... I had to come back and post this photo for you all. I think I'm going to start being known as the crazy blogger who dresses her pets up in her baby's clothing.










Your cat is fabulously cute!!! Oh my gosh! :-)
ReplyDeleteI love the little yellow hat you made for your next baby. I think that is such a sweet gesture. :-) I know it is going to happen...for both of us. I am excited to hear about your appointment next week! I am sure you will have one beautiful follie!!
I am so glad you have had lots of support this week. It's so easy to feel lost and alone during these dark days...but knowing there are people there to guide our way makes it easier. Your flowers are beautiful, and I love the hanky.
I love you mix CD...that is so sweet that your husband understand your blogging world. That is awesome he would suggest that. :-)
Hugs to you Bree! xoxo
I love this entire post! The hat, the walk on the beach, the CD...and the cat! HAH! I am tempted to go try that on my cat right now. That's so sweet that you got flowers and the hankerchief on Ella's day. I do believe that she would be proud of you.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, and the fajitas in bed while watching Entourage sounds just like us, except it would have to be Gilmore Girls, Alias, or Lost instead.
ReplyDeleteBree, I'm glad you were able to make it through Ella's day. Your cat looks so precious in ella's clothes (my cat would freak out). I don't think your crazy for dressing up your cat in Ella's clothes. I dress up Jasper's bear in Jasper's clothes. LOL!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that you made it through Ella's due date and how tender that you created a beautiful hat for Ella's future sibling. Such a hopeful and loving activity.
ReplyDeleteIf you are going to develop a reputation, being the lady who dresses up her pets is good one! Your kitty looks very pretty!
Your day sounds just right. Knitting the cap for your next baby is such a great idea...believing in re-birth as I do, perhaps Ella will be back to wear it herself.
ReplyDeleteHugssssssssss
Akul's mom
The hat is beautiful. I just did a MJ CD too.
ReplyDeleteActually my daughter bought a best of and I put it on my MP3 player. He was the best. Yes I knew just what you meant when you said a mixed tape!
The flowers you received are lovely and thank you for the mention of the handkerchief. I was pleased to send it. My 28 year old daughter is just like you, she loves dressing the dogs! Your cat looks so cute!
I think you and your hubby did a great job of remembering Ella's day and I'm very envious of your knitting...I wish I had some craftiness in me :)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to e-mail you a pic of my cat, Delilah, dressed up for St. Patty' Day. Boy, was she ticked off, but it made for a great photo...
Bree, I'm so glad you not only survived Ella's due date, but you turned a positive spin on it! You're an amazing, strong woman. I'm proud to call you friend. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until we hear news about a little one wering that beautiful yellow hat. The flowers are lovely, too. I hope you get a chance to press some of those, maybe incorporate them into a collage of Ella.
Love you, sister. Sounds like my prayers for you were answered!
I'm glad that this tough day was also good. I think it is so awesome that you knitted that hat for your next baby. You will always remember the special day that was done and I'm really jealous that you know how to knit! Great idea to make a mix tape for Ella, too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sweet comment on my blog ! My online friend also had a baby very early, March 18 with the same due date like yours. He is still in the hospital. I will never take anything for granted. My due date was last Saturday. I cannot imagine going through what you went through. I couldnt handle one tiny jaundice and 2 days in the H under the lights !! you are so strong. I also love the pictures of the flowers. Have you figured out how to create pompons? they are really easy. Let me know if you need, I can send you some instructions
ReplyDeleteIm sending you lots of virtual hugs and some virtual strength
yes, I am czech but i live in vancouver, bc. We're thnking about going to Prague (i grew up in the capital) for Christmas, cause my mom hasnt seen the baby yet. Prague is so magical in winter right before Christmas ! Id love to send you a postcard if you'd like...
And btw, when you mentioned your feelings towards other women that are pregnant or have a baby, i totally get it. honestly, I have those too, even now, I cant believe they didnt go away. I still feel hurt or jealous when i find out someone just got pregnant (our baby is IVF baby after a very, very long struggle and many many tries) But you know, dont fight it, let it just happen, its actually easier then just deny it...
Molly