that I became a mother this year and had the opportunity to hold my precious baby in my arms, even if only for such a short while.
for this new little one. I am hopeful (most of the time) that in June I will be holding him or her in my arms (alive).
for my wonderful husband who has pretty much indulged my every desire since losing our baby. Thankful that he talks about our baby with me, makes snacks for me at 3 am when I wake up hungry, and most recently stayed up an entire night to read research papers and perform his own statistical analysis on cerclage success rates.
for my siblings and my small, but special circle of friends who have been lent their support this year.
Finally, I am so very thankful for all of the wonderful friends I have made through this blog. Thankful that so many of you have shared your experiences with me and have sent your love and support.
I'd been planning a special giveaway for my 100th post. Coincidentally, this post happened to fall so close to Thanksgiving. I am so happy today to be able to offer this token of thanks to one of you. Please know that if I could, I'd send one to each and everyone of you.
So, you wanna know what you can win? Leave me a comment with the link to one your own favorite posts and you can win a beautiful handmade necklace engraved with your baby's (or babies') names on it. These beauties are made with love by fellow lost baby mom, Tina. Please check out all of her work on etsy. If you plan on having more babies, you can even mail the necklace back to Tina and she will add the child's name. Love that! I want to give everyone a chance to enter. So, the winner won't be announced until Monday.











i'm thankful for you too bree!!! you and the other moms have been such an encouragement to me!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THESE necklaces!! If i don't win i may have to order one myself!! They are beautiful!!
i love you!!
Oh, Bree, what a beautiful post. I'm so thankful for a woman who is so kind to everyone, so thoughtful. Wishing you a wonderful holiday.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, I was looking at them for the boys too. So you want a link to a favourite post, thats not an easy task. I think this is one of mine:
ReplyDeletehttp://mooooonandback.blogspot.com/2009/11/i-came-across-woman-talking-about-loss.html
Thank you for sharing such special thoughts on what you are thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving.
*hugs*
I am thankful for you too honey! You encourage me and have a big impact- more than you will ever know! My favorite post is -http://myexpectedend.blogspot.com/2009/04/do-i-love-him-any-less.html. It reminds me that in spite of all I have been through, I still don't love him any less. Thinking of you always.
ReplyDeleteBree,
ReplyDeleteI think of you often, and please know I am so thankful for you too. I also wanted to say I am constantly praying for you and hoping that cervix behaves. Hang in there sweet friend.
Love, Nan xo
I love those necklaces, Bree! In fact, I was just showing them to my husband on-line last night!:) What a cool give-away! One post I enjoyed writing was http://peacelikeariverelianagrace.blogspot.com/2009/06/butterfly-garden.html.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Thanksgiving won't be what you had pictured, but I hope you still enjoy the day!
She does such a beautiful job on those necklaces! My favorite entry is http://butterflybaby15.blogspot.com/2009/09/something-only-lbm-would-understand.html. I can relate, but I wanted another boy. After reading your post though I think that I am on with your thinking.
ReplyDeleteI too am so thankful for you.. and your sweet Ella.. I bet both Ella's became fast friends :)
ReplyDeleteone of my fav posts that I have posted is this one.. it reminds me that if given the chance, I would do it all over again..for her..she was my gift..not one I got to keep long enough, but still my gift from God..
http://jenmagee.blogspot.com/2009/07/tom-coburn-got-me-thinking.html
big hugs sweet friend! and have a very happy thanksgiving!!
Bree, I am glad you are able to post about being thankful. I am sure your Ella is so proud of you. I am hoping right along with you with your new little one on the way. One of my posts that I get reminded of frequently when I get a bad dose of missing my Jenna is this one:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.handprintsfromheaven.org/2009/08/more-perfect-love.html
It is one of those moments where I almost heard her whisper what she'd love for me to know on those hard days without her. Sending you BIG hugs and hope you have a happy Thanksgiving :)
I don't know if I have a favorite post, but I do have a couple favorite blogs. I absolutely love Danielle's blog, "Letting Go and Letting God" at http://wyattnathaniel.blogspot.com/ and I can't stop reading "Letters to My Rainbow Baby" by Franchesca at http://ifoundarainbow.blogspot.com/. I might not be an avid commenter, but I do read often. The necklace is stunning :) I hope I win, that would be so cool!
ReplyDeleteBree, I love this post that you did. Not as much for the giveaway (although what a kind and wonderful thing to do! And even if I don't win, I am going to her Etsy shop! Thanks for link.), but because I can see that you realize that the universe is not as awful as it always seems. I prayed for you guys this morning that you might find some peace. And I am glad that you posted what you are thankful for. It was so nice to read! Anyway, one of my favorite posts out there is (Jen's) Ella's Story. http://jenmagee.blogspot.com/2009/08/ellas-story.html It was one of the first lost baby's stories that I read and has just stuck with me.
ReplyDeleteBree, thinking of you as you celebrate Thanksgiving in your country. I'm so sorry Ella isn't there going between your arms and her Daddy's. That was a beautiful post with gratitude despite the pain. (((Hugs)))
ReplyDeleteOne post I wrote that is special to me is about our George's funeral: http://busyhandsbc.blogspot.com/2009/06/blanketed-in-love.html . We've moved from that city now and I miss the friends who enveloped us in love that horrible day we celebrated his too-short life. (((Hugs)))
As much as we have lost, I'm also thankful just to have seen and held my beautiful daughter.
ReplyDeleteI'm posting from my phone so I can't really post a link but one of my fave was when you bought that Babys 1st Halloween outfit (I think it was Halloween) because it made me realize we can do whatever we want. You inspired me to buy some baby's first Christmas stuff :)
xo
Ashley
Oh How exciting! I hope I win....I am so glad that you LOVED your package....I wish I could have made and then mailed you the cupcakes. This is one of my favorite post that I have recently written. I wrote it after going to someones blog who had not yet dealt with the loss of her baby. It had been sometime since she had her. They didn't even her. Anyways I somehow found out she read my blog so I posted this specifically for her. She didn't know it, but I hope it helped her. Anyways This is it and good luck to everyone!!! I hope I WIN~ :P
ReplyDeletehttp://ekrausch.blogspot.com/2009/10/grief.html
Jess- did you delete your blog? I couldn't get to your favorite post? Hope you are well!
ReplyDeleteI came across your blog from another one. and have to say your blog is very good!. i would have to say the post about preemie babies is my fave. my daughter was born at 36 weeks. not really early but still early none the least.
ReplyDeletehttp://butterflybaby15.blogspot.com/2009/11/preemie-awareness-day.html
My cousin lost her daughter 5 weeks before her due date, due to a infection. so reading these blogs make me think of her and her loss. she is pregant again as well and hoping she has a healthy 9 months as well. Again thank you for shareing your story with us. love the butterflies they are beautful!
Hi Bree- this is one of my favorite posts of my own.
ReplyDeletehttp://babymaxton310.blogspot.com/2009/03/reflections-of-almost-new-mommy.html
It was written the night before Maxton was born... I was so hopeful! Thinking of you..
That necklace is soo pretty! Please enter me if its not too late! I chose one of your posts as one of my favorites, I really liked the Im fine, Im well, Im coping post,http://butterflybaby15.blogspot.com/2009/09/im-fine-im-well-im-coping.html. My second favorite post comes from Katies Keepers called our fathers love http://therowefam.blogspot.com/2009/11/our-fathers-love.html. *HUGS*
ReplyDeleteSometimes I think about all that our husbands do for us to ease the pain- how sweet of yours to fix you snacks and try to find solutions or answers. I know they can't completely fix our broken hearts but they sure do help!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a tough question- one of my favorite posts would have to be the following but tomorrow you could ask the same question and my answer would likely be different- lol:
http://mylifeafterlevi.blogspot.com/2009/04/firstborn-sons.html
Oh Bree-How sweet are you to be doing this giveaway! The necklace is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYou were my very first DBM friend! I am so lucky to have found you in those very dark days. You truly have been one of my strongest sources of support. And how lucky are we to be expecting our rainbow babies less than a month apart!
This blog speaks to so many of us. Thank you!
xoxooxo erin
Win or not, I must have one of those.
ReplyDeleteHere is one of my favorite post:
http://yaycowsyay.blogspot.com/2009/08/three.html
Those are beautiful. My favorite post is: http://ajourneythroughmotherhood.blogspot.com/2009/10/jonathans-3-month-birthday.html. It was just a time where I felt like I was really able to connect with Jonathan and focus on what he really means to me.
ReplyDeleteBree, it is such a hard time to find things we are thankful for, but despite the pain and heartbreak, I am thankful that we can all find something to be thankful for. *hugs*
So wonderful Bree!! One of my favorite posts is Trisha's Drowning post.
ReplyDeletehttp://lookingforbluesky.blogspot.com/2009/06/drowning.html
Another is one off my blog. I didn't write it but it is from the prespective of my friend and it means a lot to me.
http://carleighmckenna.blogspot.com/2009/04/ashleys-perspective.html
well at first i thought you wanted us to comment on our favorite post from YOUR blog, in which i would have said the one where you bought the baby's first halloween bib, because like the other person said too, it inspired me to buy a baby gift FOR kathlyn.. not just things for ME to honor her.. but something acutally for HER. i bought her some christmas stuff as well. but when i went back and read, you said "a favorite post of your own." in which it would definitely be my entry called "ride."
ReplyDeletehttp://safeinthishouse.blogspot.com/2009/09/catching-up.html
(there are a few entries into one there.. because i transfered them at the time over from facebook.. but the real favorite is the one called "ride".)
I'm grateful for you as well.
ReplyDeleteI have read so many wonderful posts that have touched me that I could not pick just one.
One from my blog that was my most favorite to write and the hardest and still trying to write the second part of is My Pregnancy story for Jasper part 1: http://jasperthomas.blogspot.com/2009/04/my-pregnancy-story-for-jasper-part-1.html