Saturday, November 21, 2009

Away From the Computer and Into Real Life





This morning I had the opportunity to meet with fellow lost baby mom, blogger, and mother to Ada and Eleanor, Beth. I found Beth's blog just weeks after losing Ella. I remember staying up really late one night to read her story. I commented on a few of her posts and she befriended me and lent support immediately. Beth, her husband, her beautiful baby, Eleanor (who is the age that Ella should have been), and I shared stories about Ella and Ada, our rainbow babies, and our families over breakfast. Chatting with Beth was so easy and it felt like she was a dear friend. I've said this before, but blogging has been my greatest form of therapy. I've "met" so many incredible women, feel a sense of belonging and am reassured that what I'm experiencing is normal. It truly was the highlight of my week to be able to step away from the computer and meet one of you in real life.

16 comments:

  1. Finally! A picture of you! :-). I have always said "blogvesre" is the best and you meet awesome people that provides you with a sense of normalcy (not that our situation can ever be considered normal) Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree, I am so glad you got to meet one of these bloggers in real life. I anticipate doing that one day... And it's crazy the bond that is formed through our similar situations and heartbreak.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you and Beth met IRL as I hope to meet you both one day, too!

    And, to second Marie, its nice to finally see a pic of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a few pics of me on here somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats amazing. Wonderful pictures too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet that you got the chance to see each other in "real" life - you're so right, blogging has been a saving grace. Such a warm, wonderful community - especially you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This morning was a true highlight for me, too! You're the first stillborn mama that I've met in real life, and therefore the first person that I felt I could speak with so freely about Ada. I can't wait to hear more updates on your sweet little rainbow baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bree, thank you for sharing a picture from your meeting today. The women on here have been so great and I too hope to meet one of my fellow bloggers IRL one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I only wish we were all closer.... I think a trip to California may be in order? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!!! I can't wait to make a trip out to visit myself! You look beautiful! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lea- I'd love to meet you. You should bring your kiddos to Disneyland. Then, we can meet up. Kate- I know you're gonna come out soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww how wonderful. So glad you could meet her!

    Like Kate and Lea said ... we all need to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey... did you see Ella's block picture? it's there.. just wondered since you said you couldn't wait to see it.. hope the link works ok!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very very true friend!!! There is something about the friendships of baby-loss mamas that is amazing!!! One of the first moms I met on this journey lives states away from me but we still visit and talk regularly! I am so happy that the two of you met! I would love to meet one day! By the way- thank you SOOOO much for the nice compliment on my blog! Totally made my day!
    Hugs-
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds great. Next time perhaps I can join you guys too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so awesome that you got to meet up with her! I love meeting fellow babylost mommies.

    ReplyDelete