And it's not from morning sickness. It's from watching the show Platinum Babies. Seriously! Babies don't need $25,000 nurseries and Dior shoes. I get that part of my disgust may stem from jealously, but come on. It ticks me off when I see people who treat their children like the latest fashion accessory. And, it annoys me that these women feel 100% confident that their pregnancies will definately lead to a living baby. Like loss would never happen to them. Bitches.
Switch Gears. Whole 'nother topic. I tried to start another blog for this new little one. And, I just couldn't do it. My story, Ella's story, this new pregnancy... It's so intertwined. I want to celebrate this new life, but I am still grieving for Ella. I just cannot seperate the two. For now, I'm going to chronicle this new pregnancy here on this blog. Hoping and praying that I can chronicle it for many more months.
While I'm not adding a new blog, I'm thinking about changing the address of this blog. There are people in my real life who I no longer talk to and I'm not sure if they are still reading this blog. If they refuse to talk to me in real life, then I do not want to allow them the pleasure of reading about Ella or this new little one here. I'll try to alert all my followers when I do change the address. If you'd like to make sure you get the new address, you can leave me a comment below or send me an email at briannemeg@yahoo.com.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










I pity the poor kids....they're going to grow up feeling so entitled. Not good.
ReplyDeleteBut we're glad you're staying here! :)
Just thinking about you Bree. Hugssss
ReplyDeleteBree, I think you have to do whatever you are most comfortable with as far as the blog goes. If you feel you cannot separate the two and want one blog then I think that is great. I love visiting your blog and reading your words.
ReplyDeleteThinking about you... xoxo
Don't for get me Bree! I too watched Platinum babies and I was disgusted. The world is becoming too materialistic. These babies don't even know Dior for Great Value. As long as they are in a healthy and safe environment. I know that is what you will provide for the little one.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget about me! I think you need to do what is right for you. I've thought about changing my blog addey too, for the same reasons. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to reading about your pregnancy. If you change the blog address, please let me know!
ReplyDeleteWOW I just have no words.
ReplyDeleteAlways thinking of you and Ella Bree, Please let me know if you move.
*hugs*
I get so incredibly mad when I hear or read about crap like that.. what if they didn't have a healthy baby..what if they did and it died at 9 months?? would they show that? would they feel like it was all worth it because they had Dior Shoes?? I agree with you..
ReplyDeleteI of course would love to keep in touch with you and follow you! you are one of the first baby lost momma's that I found and you have been such a blessing to me..sending big hugs!
I would be honored to read your new blog, if one ever comes about. your thoughts of losing a daugher mirror mine... and your pregnancy is an inspiration.
ReplyDeletePlease let me know if you do change it.
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at the last sentence of your first paragraph. That is EXACTLY how I feel!!
Many have suggested i start a new blog but I dont want to... I fear that would further encourage me to compartmentalise my grief and I don't want to do that. I want my daughter to remain entwined in my life, all of it together, future pregnancies (God willing), my marriage, and my grief. They're all a part of me.
I totally need to change my URL tho but also worried about losing readers!
Bree, that is absolutely disgusting. I was commenting on another dbm's blog that those kind of shows would never focus on a woman who lost her baby. You would never see that and you can't get more real then that.
ReplyDeleteI would love to follow your blog. *hugs* Let me know the new address if you move. :)
You are so right...Ella's life will forever be intertwined with her sibling! Glad you are staying right here!! Hope you had a great weekend. xoxoxo
ReplyDeletePlease remember me, too, if you move!
ReplyDeleteI just couldn't agree with you more about the "Platinum Babies" crap. I know we've already talked about it a bit, but it's nauseating. These people don't understand how very precious a baby is - they just see them as something that can be dressed to compliment their outfit.
Please keep me posted if you change your blog address.
ReplyDeleteI can understand what you are saying. I'm not expecting again and probably won't be for a long time, but I have often wondered if I would start another blog. I always come to the conclusion that I don't think I will be able to. As you say, it's all part of the same story.
Thinking of you!
Please keep me in the loop if you change addresses :)
ReplyDeleteI completely agree-Ella is and will be intertwined with your life forever-keeping this new baby seperate somehow seems like it doesn't fit.
Just got your e-mail :)
Kristi was telling me about that Platinum Babies show...I told her not to tell me any of it anymore and to not watch it...it was making me sick just hearing about it. Ugh. She said the same thing...all of them so confident about bringing home a living baby.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the blog. I will not separate mine if I get pregnant either. I thought about it, but its really just one big story. I can't separate them either. And I am definitely not done grieving Ella...so it kinda has to go together.
And definitely put me on the new blog :)Glad things are going well with the baby....thinking of you.
Angela
Oh, Bree, with you on disgust for Platinum Babies. Ick. Babies need love, not stuff. If you do move, may I continue to follow your blog please? Hope your pregnancy is going well and agree that Ella is part of this new baby's life, and yours, forever and always. (((Hugs)))
ReplyDeleteI so hear you Bree!!! If you do change the address to this blog- please let me know! I hear ya- I get so annoyed when I hear of friends that I no longer talk to asking about me- if they really cared, why not come and ask... ugh- Thinking of you my blogger friend!
ReplyDeleteHugs-
Laura
Ummm...How did I miss your big news?!!? I feel like I've been such a bad blogger friend. Congratulations!!! I totally understand your feelings about not believing you're actually going to have a real live baby. It does happen though, and it's AMAZING when it does!
ReplyDeleteI think it's awesome that you have another appointment on your dad's birthday. It's the little things like that that help, right? Today happens to me my dad's birthday.
I am soooooo happy for you!
Oh yeah, and make sure I get the new blog address if you move.
ReplyDeletehi there! I just found your blog and would love to continue to follow your journey with this new pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteCount me in, of course I want to continue on reading your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteI would like the new address if you decide it's best for you to switch. (and thank you for actually looking at my wedding site and noticing Morgan and Blumpy's butterflies there. I put them there because they are a part of our family too.)
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you decide to move :) Check out my blog b/c I put a pic of Cooper wearing your hat on there :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, that's a bit ridiculous. Nobody needs to spend that kind of money on things like that.
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you move.
Please let me know if you change the address. :)
ReplyDelete(((Hugs)))
ReplyDeleteNearly all my friends have changed since we've been in the world of pregnancy loss and infertility. I've certainly found out who my true friends are in the past few years.