
* Is this not the cutest Christmas ornament you've ever seen? I received this in the mail yesterday from Morgan and Blumpy's mom, April. She hand painted it for my Christmas tree. I'm actually excited now to put up a little tree so that I can display it. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness, April. Every week I seem to get a little trinket or card in the mail,a personal email, or a phone call from one of my blog buddies. You all are such a blessing and I'm so grateful for your friendship and support.
* A few of you commented on my last post and asked how my appointment went yesterday. Again, I still don't know how I feel about sharing this information on this blog. Yet, I want you to be able to share in this pregnancy if you want to. I so desperately want to be happy and embrace every moment of this journey, but it's just hard. I told myself that I want to document everything just in case I lose this one too. But, I just haven't had the energy (mental or physical) to do so. It's really hard to wrap my brain around the fact that this pregnancy could lead to an actual living baby. I wish I was still ignorant and I didn't have to think about losing this baby each and every day.
The appointment went very well. My poor doctor was running about 45 minutes late because she had to care for a patient that was having a miscarriage. I think I was the only one in the waiting room that was okay with having to wait an hour to see her. All of the other preggys were quite upset and harassing the women at the front desks. Anyway, the baby measured 7 weeks 6 days and it's heartbeat was 162 bpm. My doctor is estimating my due date to by June 18, 2009, only about three weeks before Ella's due date. I loved seeing the baby on the monitor. I fell in love with the little one instantly. I thought it looked like a gummy bear (well, actually a sour patch kid, but that doesn't sound as cute). But, my husband has started calling it, jelly bean or JB. My next appointment is November 19th, my dad's birthday. On that day last year, I had an appointment for Ella. I guess it's the universes way of trying to keep me busy and send me something good on my dad's day.
* I'm thinking about breaking up with my therapist. I really like her, but just don't have the energy to go in and keep hashing out what happened every week. Even with my new found joy, I am still pretty depressed. I don't really socialize with anyone other than one of my support group buddies. I sit around the house for days on end. And, I'm okay with that. I don't feel ready to do much else. Does that make sense?
* I haven't talked to my mom in ten days. That's an all time record. The longest we've ever gone without talking has been two days. I'm not really sure what's going on with her. All I know is that I just don't have the patience to deal with her craziness. Especially because she's refusing help. Of course, I feel sad that I've lost the relationship I had with my mother. I feel sad for my siblings, for her grandchildren, and future grandchildren. But, the anger I feel towards her protects me from the sadness. I just feel done.










I am so happy you had a great appointment yesterday and the ornament April made you is beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteThat ornament is just so sweet, Bree. I love the hearts above and below your Ella's scripted name. It's a wonderful keepsake. Glad your appointment for the gummy bear/jelly bean went well. Sorry that your mum is still not accepting help. Big, big ((((Hugs))) and cheering your little one (and you) on.
ReplyDeleteOMG! Where have I been? I didnt see your post saying you are prego!!! I am so happy for you!!! Wow 8 weeks!!! I know its going to be hard some days, but we are going to cheer you on!!! Congrats sweet friend :) Hugs, Nan xoxoxoxox
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you like the ornament and that you're going to put up a little tree this year. I am glad that it brought a smile to your face.
ReplyDeleteYea, what a great appointment. I'm so happy things are progressing well.
ReplyDeleteThere are going to be okay days, hard days and harder days. There is no rhyme or reason, they just come. Its normal, you are normal. Nothing you are doing or aren't doing is wrong.
I'm sorry about your mom. I hope she gets the help she needs, so she can be the mom she once was to you.
Lots of *hugs*
I love the ornament. It is lovely! Jason and I broke up with our therapist as well. I was getting sick of being a broken record. With the upcoming holidays and my anxiety and depression knocking on my door I am thinking we may have to start our relationship back up again =(
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to see the sweet little sour patch kid hehe
*hugs*
First of all - the ornament is just lovely! I love the little bear, it's so perfect.
ReplyDeleteSecondly - I am so happy for you! I hadn't seen the post, either - you have to be thrilled! Wow, that's just awesome - there are some good pg vibes going through the blogging community! :)
I am so sorry for your relationship with your mom. I've only talked to mine once in about two months, as well (she used to call daily). It sucks to have this horrible realization that your parents make huge mistakes that affect others, and I am just so sorry. Thinking of you. HUGS.
That Christmas ornament is just so sweet, Bree! I am glad to hear you had such a good appointment. We are due only about 1 1/2 weeks apart! I am so excited for you, and have so much hope for a healthy baby for you to bring home. I know June seems so far away, with many hurdles along the way. I can't wait for both of us to get there!:)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about your relationship with your mom, and I hope somehow things can get better, when the timing is right.
I am making some Christmas ornaments too and would love to send one to you. Just let me know if you would like one.
Woah, we're close due date wise. They changed mine to June 24th. Though we don't know each other, I'm happy to have someone on this road with me.
ReplyDeleteThe ornament is very sweet.
And, well, I wish I had something to say when it comes to your mom. But seeing that my mom has issues herself, I've never been able to find the right words for even myself.
That was so sweet of April! Bree, I am so excited for you, but I totally understand still feeling blue in spite of this little one on the way. Praying for you, your Rainbow and the days/months ahead.
ReplyDeletexo
the ornament is so beautiful. i'm glad your appointment went well.. i think "sour patch kid" is a perfectly cute name though.. hehe.
ReplyDeleteBree *huge hugs* I wish I could hug you in person. I can only imagine being pregnant right now after loss. I am emotion just TTCing. I am glad to hear all is well. Share what you feel comfortable in sharing. Just know what you have a cheering section or an instant group of friends here on whatever you decide to share.
ReplyDeleteHaving difficulties with your mom is difficult. I will say some prayers for the healing of your relationship and for your mom to heal. *hugs*
First, major, major hugs. I know we all go through times like this, and I'm sure being pregnant again just magnifies everything. I'm so glad your appointment went well, but I know the joy of this pregnancy can't undo the pain of losing Ella.
ReplyDeleteI can understand a bit of the situation with your mom. I am afraid I'm going to have to have a "discussion" with mine pretty soon, and I don't want to.
You are always in my thoughts!
Oh Bree!! I just read your comment on my blog and I didn't know you were pregnant! I'm so happy for you, congratulations hon! Will keep my fingers and toes crossed that everything goes well. Hugs
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and so glad to hear all is well with the jelly bean! I do hope you can continue to share your pregnancy here with us. I am here waiting to support you in every way I can.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I think it may be a tie between you and me for the worst blogger award. I haven't posted anything in 2 weeks and I have a ton of reading to catch up on...just not enough time in the day!
xx
What a sweet ornament! How nice of April to make that for you! :)
ReplyDeleteI am happy that everything is looking good so far for your little jelly bean.