Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Sucky Cervix
I'm feeling pretty down about my meeting with the perinatologist this afternoon. For the record, my OB has done nothing but talk up the cerclage since I lost Ella in March. She continually expresses her confidence in the procedure and thinks it is the solution for my situation. I guess I expected the same type of thing from this new doctor. I was really looking forward to formulating a plan with him and felt really positive about it beforehand. Let's just say he wasn't all puppy dogs and lollipops. He didn't sugar coat anything. He said he's had a lot of success with cerclages, but that if you do the research, they are not fool proof. Yeah, I know that. I follow a couple of blogs where this has been the case. Anyway, the cervical ultrasound showed that at 10 weeks, 5 days my cervix is only measuring 3.6 cm. That's just average. I was hoping for it to be closer to 4-5 cm. It was also discovered that I just don't have a whole lot of cervix on the outside. This is going to make it difficult for him to get the stitch as high as I was hoping. The plan, however is still to proceed with a cerclage. The procedure is actually taking place very soon. I don't love this guy like I do my OB, but I think he has a lot of experience and I know he is going to do his very best. He will do cervical checks as often as once a week. And, he said he won't hesitate to put me on bed rest should we see a change in length. Right now, I'm even contemplating just quitting my job altogether. Sigh. Please universe, let this baby LIVE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










Joining you in your plea. ((((hugs)))))
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping and praying for you, Bree. (((((())))))
ReplyDeleteoh sweety..I am praying with you.. big hugs Bree!
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you. If I have learned anything from htis journey, it is that medicine is less science than I ever imagined. I look forward to hearing how you are his next success story!
ReplyDeleteYes. Please let this baby live. Thinking about you all the time. Sorry your cervix isn't behaving as it should. I'm so hopeful that cerclage and maybe bedrest will be successful.
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for you and baby, and I hope upon hope you have a sweet & healthy baby in your arms in due time.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Sarita
Try and stay positive Bree...I know it is easier said than done, but try to take it one day at a time. I am pulling for you and this little one too. xx
ReplyDeleteBree,
ReplyDeleteI think we have all learnt that science and medicine have nothing to do with our babies' survival...no one knows why one baby survives and another one doesn't. I echo your plea ...to God...to the universe ...to nature ...please protect this little baby. Hugssssss
Sending you hugs & sending up prayers.
ReplyDeletepretty please!!
ReplyDelete*huge hugs* and lots of prayers.
ReplyDelete((hugs)) I know it is so hard to stay positive...heck, you gave me a lot of support during my pregnancy with Cooper so you saw all of my ups and downs! I need to copy all of your advice and feed them back to you b/c your words helped me more than you'll ever know...
ReplyDeleteGirl, we're all here for you! You're in my thoughts and prayers...and, what a party we'll have when your little one arrives :)
Do you know if they're doing a McDonald vs Shirodkar? Please keep us updated on how you're feeling, if you need anything, etc. Thinking of you - from another one with a sucky cervix!
ReplyDeleteI am hoping and pleaing with you! did you get your package???
ReplyDeleteYes, Universe.... we need your help!
ReplyDeleteLots of love and strength to you, Bree.
Sending you lots of hugs and strength, Bree!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you. xo
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you don't like your peri as much as your OB, but I am glad that you know he has lots of experience. It sounds like you're in good hands. And yes, we ALL just want your baby to live! I know that feeling!
ReplyDeleteI will be here cheering you and little gummy bear on the whole way! Remember, as much as things go correctly, doctors always have to give you the down side. Hugs to you!!! I am always here if you need me.
ReplyDeleteSending you lots of hugs. Try and relax (yes I know easier said than done, but your body senses that kind of stuff! Many prayers that this baby stays put and comfy for the next 7 months or so. Sending you positive vibes.
ReplyDeleteThinking about you through this all. I have not had one yet, but if I am blesse with another pregnancy I will be having one. In my heart, I know a clerclage would have saved L. :( I know its hard not to have faith and doubt this whole process, but stay strong for that little miracle in your tummy. *hugs'*
ReplyDeletePraying without ceasing for you and baby Bree! I would demand a shirdokar. Keep us updated hun.
ReplyDeleteI am hoping and praying right along with you that this procedure is successful in helping you get to that magical moment in June when you are holding that sweet living baby in your arms! ((Big Hugs!!))
ReplyDeleteOh, Bree I am so sorry I have been away from blogland other than my update. I feel so bad for not reading this earlier. I am so sorry. I am praying for you and this beautiful gift you are carrying. I hope you get to quit your job, it would definitely eliminate any unnecessary stress. Sending you *BIG* hugs!
ReplyDeleteOh Bree I'm so sorry you have this problem...just know I am praying for you and your little baby to come home big, strong, and healthy!!!!
ReplyDelete