Friday, April 30, 2010

Some FYIs for Baby Lost Mama's



Sunday, May 2nd has been designated International Baby Lost Mother's Day. Last Mother's Day was painful. We had a family gathering at our house and with the exception of my husband and my sister, no one acknowledged that it was my first Mother's Day. And this year, I am fearful that people will declare this as my first. So, I am excited that we have our own day of remembrance and celebration now. Sending love to all of you this weekend and next. xo

Jen, Lily's mom sent me this beautiful photo this afternoon in honor of BL Mother's Day. Thank you Jen for thinking of Ella and sharing Lily's beautiful flowers with so many of us.



Here are a few more pics I received this week.


Thank you to Alexandra's mom, Maggie for remembering Ella with me this week.


Loni, sent Ella this balloon in honor of her daughter, Maddox Elise's birthday in February. Thank you so much, Loni.



I'm also excited to share with you a new site that will launch tomorrow. Grieve Out Loud was founded to serve as a network of love and support for families dealing with loss. Once cool feature of this site is the pen pal program. A program designed to link mothers and fathers dealing with loss. I am pen pals now with several of you and couldn't live without the check-ins we do with each other so often.

9 comments:

  1. I have that same kitty cat candle holder. Happy Second mother's day...a bit early. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! Whether you celebrate this Sunday, next Sunday, both or neither, you are a mother every day.

    Last year was my first Mother's Day, too, and no one acknowledged me. We lost our first baby about three weeks prior at 17 weeks. I've had another miscarriage since then, and don't know how this Mother's Day is going to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last mothers day no one acknowledged that I am a mom too :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day Bree 2 years!! And 2 daughters!! You're an amazing mamma:) xoxo. I love how the light shines thru Ella's balloon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one friend acknowledge me for mother's day last year and it brought tears to my eyes. It was a simple text message saying happy mother's day, but it meant so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a great two weekends Bree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Bree--I'm so, so sorry no one acknowledged your 1st Mother's Day!!! Don't people know that kills us?? Dishonors the little lives we lost? You were a mother the second you found about your sweet Ella!!! Sending you and sweet girl hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a great mama Bree! :) XO Love the pictures, so very sweet of others to think of us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last year was also my first Mother's Day. It was a difficult day for me. I pray you that this year your family is much more gentler with you.

    You are an amazing mother.

    ReplyDelete