Monday, May 11, 2009
Kicked In The Ribs
I desperately need to blog today (it is addicting). My husband has our lap top at work, so I'm writing from my Ipod. So bear with me. Mother's Day sucked. I really wanted to be positive and feel appreciative that I still have a mom. But, I felt so hurt that nobody acknowledged the fact that it was my Mother's Day too (well, my husband sent me flowers- love him). I wanted someone to say they're sorry that it was my first Mother's Day and that my baby isn't here with me. I think people didn't say anything because they didn't want to upset me or weren't sure if I wanted to hear it. But, ignoring everything made me furious. Today, I went to school to visit my students for the first time since I went out on bedrest. It was so good to see them. I started crying immediately when I saw them. It was difficult to see my coworker who is 22 weeks pregnant. Her belly looked exactly like mine right before I had Ella. The best part of the visit was when my boss and friend (i call her my "fross") asked me how big Ella was. I want people to ask questions like that. I want to talk about what happened and I want to talk about her. On the way home, my oldest friend called. We've been friends since we were 3. I have been avoiding her calls because I just knew she was pregnant. So today I finally answered and just flat out asked her if she was pregnant. She said "yes, I'm 11 weeks." It felt like somebody shit kicked me in the ribs. I just started balling. I'm really glad that I was able to tell her how jealous I was, even though I feel terrible about it. I told her that it felt so unfair for her to be having two children when I didn't even have one. Thankfully, I think she really understood. She reads this blog and I hope she's okay with me sharing our conversation. All I can say is that I'm so glad I scheduled therapy this afternoon. I really needed it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










Ugh, I hate the feeling of finding out someone is pg. My "friend" turned out to NOT be a friend after Ella died had a baby in Dec. Ella was due and born in Feb...and its so hard to know she got her baby and I didn't get mine....and to know that she doesn't appreciate hers. I'm sorry your Mother's day sucked, so did mine.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. It does feel like a kick in the gut when we hear those new pregnancy announcements. I'm sorry you were not acknowledged yesterday. I'm even more sorry you had to spend your first Mother's day without your sweet Ella.
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful photo for Ella.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry that your First Mother's Day was not acknowledged. I am sorry that this day hurts so much for you and for anyone who has lost a child. I like your new word "fross". I have a fross too. I've been avoiding her while she is on maternity leave.
ReplyDeleteHi Bree. I'm sorry your Mother's Day was not acknowledged. Mine wasn't either. I agree that people just don't know what to say. I also relate to you wanting to talk about Ella. I love it when people ask questions like that. My sister asked me the other day if Ellis' hair had been red since I'm a redhead. It was nice to talk about it since questions like that come less and less the further we get from Ellis' death. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father as well. Man, when it rains it pours...
ReplyDeleteHi Bree,
ReplyDeleteHaving Ella and losing is such a hurt..but I
know she's in safe hands..have a nice day..