So my day started with one of these...

My most absolute favorite food group: cupcakes. No, they are not gluten-free nor organic, but I enjoy every bite of these heavenly cakes. Have any of you out there tried Sprinkles cupcakes?

I made four new butterflies this morning. I've had a lot of new moms come to my blog, so I've got a lot of new butterfly babies to think about. Please check back this week to see the new pictures. I'd love to be able to send your butterfly to you. If you'd like to receive it, please email your address to briannemeg@yahoo.com.

I hope to finish up the baby blanket I've been working on and ship it off to Rebekah at Levi's Hope For Tomorrow.

I plan on delivering my first set of hats to hospital where Ella was born. Huh, I just realized the irony behind that statement. I am delivery hats instead of a baby this week.
I've also added a reading list to the right hand column of the blog. I've been trying to find a way to share the books that I've been reading with you all. And, shelfari was the answer. Most of the books focus on loss and infertlity, but there are a few fun, frivaleous titles sprinkled in as well. Let me know if you have read any of these books too. I'd love to hear about what you've been reading.
Thought you all would like to see where I found my darling cat, Patches this week.

I'll end this post on a silly note. What do you do when you're down and depressed and your husband has left his underwear lying around the house for the zillionth time???










So first I'll admit I shared a piece of amazing cheesecake/cake at the Cheesecake Factory with my sister on Friday. Shame shame. Your cupcakes look delish!
ReplyDeleteSecond - I love your knitting. I want to learn from you - let's have a lesson!
Third, your baby closet made me cry. Your kitty knows - they always do. I'm so sorry you don't get to put all those little teeny outfits on Ella this week. I'm so sorry.
Kathy
Your dog in your hubby's underwear is by far the funniest thing that I've seen today!
ReplyDeleteThose cupcakes do look like they are to die for...could have gone without that picture, though! Where the heck am I supposed to get a huge-a@# cupcake around here!?!
Love the butterfly :)
I just want to say you know the first thing I noticed in the closet. The froggy outfit. Love that your cat is in Ella's closet. My cat's loved to sit on the rocking chair. My mom knits and I may have to take a lesson. I want to do something constructive. I am glad to see today was a positive moment for you. Thank you for making us smile. :0)
ReplyDeleteNow I have to go look for some cupcakes. There goes my 3lbs I just lost.
I love how you're channeling your grief into something positive. That takes a lot of courage - it's so much easier to just crumble up and cry. Your hats are lovely, I'm sure they'll be appreciated. Sure wish I could knit like that!
ReplyDeleteWe're praying...
Your dog in your husbands underwear made me laugh. Cat's always have this way of knowing something is wrong. The way your spending Ella's week is absolutely perfect. Now I want cupcakes.
ReplyDeleteYou are so amazing. My DH and I are on a organic kick. We really try to eat as much organic stuff as possible. Cupcakes ... we usually go all out for those and avoid organic when it comes to sweets =)
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing your reading material. That is a great idea.
As far as the blog layouts, I go here http://ismitten.blogspot.com/ they have a free gallery as well as cuter layouts that are $5 (like the one I have) my previous blog design was made by Erin @ http://www.designerblogsbyerin.blogspot.com/
I am on the wait list for another blog design by her but I wanted to spice up my blog until my new one comes in.
*many hugs*
P.S as for my DH's undies, I also put them is spots where he usually goes (ie his office, on his laptop, on his XBOX) He has gotten the picture *hopefully* lol
ReplyDeleteThe dog photo made me laugh out loud....thanks, I needed that. I'm proud of you this week. I know it's a hard time. xo
ReplyDeleteI cannot imagine how hard this week is. It does seem like you are staying so busy, but I am sure the feelings come and go, sadness and strength. I am holding you close in my heart this week, hoping that whatever peace there is, lands on you like a butterfly.
ReplyDeleteYour dog in DH's clothes is priceless.
Ella's mom,
ReplyDeleteI finally got to read your blog. I have a closet full of Akul's clothes too. Losing a child is such a hard thing to deal with. Akul came 4 weeks before his due date. The day he was supposed to be born, I started writing a journal entitled "letters to my son." I talk to him through these letters. Every time I join my hand in prayers, I ask God to keep my child happy because I did not get the opportunity to do so. I am sure Ella feels your love and caring. Your knitting is amazing and your cupcakes look delicious ...and in all these things I see Ella and your love for her. With love
Akul's mom
You have me laughing out loud! Needed that today!
ReplyDeleteOh, Sprinkles cupcakes. You just gave me a new craving! Those look really yummy :-)
ReplyDeleteYour hats look awesome. I think it is such an amazing thing that you are doing with those. And I'm quite impressed with the blanket too.
Lastly, I love the dog pic. Can you help me figure out something to do with my husband's shoes???
I think that what you're doing wonderful! I know moms who have done wonderful things for bereaved parents- from making CDs of meaningful songs, writing notes, kintting hats and blankets, donating teddies to just writing notes to future parents saying, "I get it, I've been there." What you're doing is a wonderful way to celebrate her life- what a tribute- what a gift- and I'm so happy that you're sharing it!
ReplyDeleteHugs-
Laura D.
(from momentsofpause.blogspot.com)
:-)
It sounds like you're keeping busy this week. Don't let the date get you down! You will make it, I promise!!! We're all here for you!
ReplyDeleteHi Bree, I came across your site and wanted to introduce myself. It looks as though we have very similar loss dates so probably alot of the same emotions as well. You are doing great things to honor your precious Ella. I also want to express my sincere condolences. Hope we get to talk a bit more. Hugs, Nan
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. I saw that you stopped over at my site "For Your Tears" I haven't read your blog yet but I will. I love the hats you have knitted. You cat and dog are so cute. I would love to send you a handkerchief if you could email me at:
ReplyDeletedpucci9972@gmail.com with you address. I love your butterflies. Take Care & God Bless
It is so neat to see all the special things you are doing to help others and express your love for Ella this week. My daughter Eliana's due date is coming up in August, and I have already been planning a special project for that week as well. I just have a strong urge to make something momentous happen at that time, just like it was supposed to. You and I are on the same wavelength!
ReplyDelete