Tomorrow is the sixth day of classes and I probably know 10% of my kid's names. Sometimes, I look at certain kids and say to myself, "have you been in this class the whole time?" I'm exhausted. I only have it in me to present the lesson and then let the kids figure it out for themselves. They make messes, spill, aren't following along, and I don't care. I don't have it in me. Thankfully, there are only seven days left of the summer session.
If I truly have to return to work full time in the fall, I want to work here.
Totally off topic question: have any of you tried these early pregnancy tests? They claim that you can test as early as 7 DPO. I have 2 in my nightstand right now. I'm contemplating when I'm going to start testing...
** I made the above picture at my mom's this weekend. We had a hard time photographing it in the dark, so my brother added the cool effects.










You poor girl, I wish I could give you a big hug.
ReplyDeleteI know it must be hard to be at work, I totally understand you not caring about the mess or what they do. This was not in your plan. Your plan was to be home with Ella. ((HUGS)) I pray it will get better for you.
I'm sure your students are fine and that you're doing a great job. You are always hard on yourself...especially when it comes to teaching...and you're excellent.
ReplyDeleteThat article was very interesting and helpful. Maybe something to consider sharing with S and M?
Hey, 10% is better than what I would do :) I'm sure teaching is a emotionally draining job (and rewarding, I'm sure) and I'm sure it is extremly hard right now because your plans for the fall where changed dramatically...
ReplyDelete((Hugs))
We just have to drag ourselves through one day at a time. Hope today's a better day for you. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd best wishes TTC! Keep us posted!
Hi , I followed the thread from my blog to here. I am deeply touched by your comment as to your choice of work :) thank you xoxox
ReplyDeleteBree you have created an amazing place for your precious Ella ... look at all beautiful colours of a rainbow flotting around this place.... awwww xox may i ask you a question? Are you part of Angel Baby ?
~ angel hugs ~ Dana
I did use EPT, but only after my missed period. (Well, I used it before my missed period two or three times when I wasn't actually pregnant, and of course it was negative.) EPT was always accurate for me.
ReplyDeleteI know how taxing teaching can be. You'll make it through though, because you ARE a good teacher. Oh, and I love the picture!
You are not a crappy teacher - you are a grieving mother. You are doing great just by getting to work right now.
ReplyDeleteHoping the last 7 days pass well for you.
Hi Bree, I agree work sux! I feel like I am doing a horrible job and it's just an office environment. I commend you for even getting yourself there and having to work with children. Glad the summer sessions are almost done for you, and I hope you can enjoy the break. Hang in there! Thinking of you xo Nan
ReplyDeleteHey we got tests from there...and no positive with Ella until 13 DPO. As soon as aunt flo didn't show, we tested and got a positive.
ReplyDeleteI felt like I was the worst teacher this year. The kids I had this year didn't get the best of me, but they'll be fine anyhow, and so will your students. You just gotta keep taking it one day at a time and be gentle on yourself. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Sending hugs and good thoughts your way. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteI am sure it safe to say you are a fantastic teacher. Going back to work is so very difficult. SOOO difficult.
ReplyDeleteI love Ella's name you made this weekend, and Ella's wings are BEAUTIFUL!
Hugs to you!