I lurk on my friend's baby shower registry? I'm not going to the shower, but for some reason, I keep checking her registry.
I was looking at baby urns online, even though we already have one for Ella's ashes?
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No, it is not wierd that you are checking your friend's registry or looking a baby urns online. I still look at baby urns as well even though we just special ordered Jasper's. I also still go to my old due date forum on fertility friend just because I want to see where Jasper should be right now and what he should be doing right now. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteWeird, no I don't think so. Your friend is living your dream, I would want to be nosey too!
ReplyDeleteLooking at urns, I think that you just want to make sure that everything is perfect for her and that you have given her the best. ((HUGS))
I don't think it is strange...at all. Although I don't really like looking at babies born around Zoe's age, I find myself doing it anyone, wishing it was me. Trust me, I would do the same thing.
ReplyDeleteAs for the urn, it's one of the only physical things we were able to give our children after their births. Like Deb said, you just want it to be as perfect as possible for Ella.
Hugs to you! You are in my thoughts.
Not at all. I admit ... I do it too. Why I'm not even sure. Pure jealousy I suppose, just sitting there wishing it was MY registry. You know what sucks? I actually have one up. I put stuff on it when I was pregnant for the boys then added/deleted stuff after our FET. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteNothing wrong with looking at urns either. Maybe its all part of this healing process we are all suffering through.
Wishing peace over your heart my friend.
*hugs*
Not all strange. I was on my friend's registry to see if she picked anything the same as we did for Lukas. I told myself that I was trying to decide what to get but in reality it was not true. I ended up not getting anything from her list. I just wanted to compare.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it's weird at all. Maybe the things we do should just be accepted as our new "normal". Nothing at this point in my life after babyloss stands out as weird. Hugs
ReplyDeleteI used to go back to my old birthboard to see how things were going...the things we do to ourselves...
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely not. What's weird (putting it very softly) is that sometimes babies die, and when this happens we just do what we have to do while processing it and healing.
ReplyDeleteYou are making a very sad comparison - things a living baby needs vs what a lost baby needs. I'm so sorry this is your reality.
(((hugs)))
You are so totally normal for doing those things.... do what you need to do.
ReplyDeletexo
I don't think it's weird either. I still look at catalogs of baby things and walk down the baby aisles at the super market to look at the prices of things...I want to see what diapers are on sale...that sort of thing.
ReplyDeleteI meant to tell you on my earlier comment that I got Lily's butterfly and the cd the other day. I have to tell you that I was all crying with the first two songs on the cd but my mood turned around by the third song...Your hubby arranged the songs just perfectly. What a sweet daddy :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for both!!!
You've made me laugh. The strange things we do - for sure. I totally obsess over my friend's blog sometimes (the one who had the baby 2 weeks after I was due). Who knows what we get out of these things we do but we're not hurting anyone so I wouldn't worry about it!
ReplyDeleteKathy
Nope not weird. I have lurked on registries people I dont even LIKE but when to high school with...i guess i just look at all the CRAP people think they need. When really they just need a healthy baby. Ugh.
ReplyDelete