Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Kindness of Bloggers




As you know, these past few days have been very gloomy for me. I really haven't been doing much. This afternoon, I drug myself and my dear dog to the mailbox. My spirits were immediately lifted when I removed a little package from the mailbox. It was from my friend, Erin. Erin is a lovely woman that came to my blog after losing her son, Luke in April. She hasn't started a blog yet, so she and I have been corresponding by email. The package included this beautiful soap, butterfly stickers, and a kind note.

I am so grateful for the support you all have given me. Your comments lift my spirits. Your gestures warm my heart. I know I'm in good company here. Thank you for sharing your stories with me, for your compassion, and for your strength.

10 comments:

  1. So happy I could put a smile on your face!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy you felt Ella's presence this week. There are only a few times that I have felt Akul's presence, but those are such memorable moments for me...something to hold on to.

    Akul's mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is so thoughtful. My prayers go to Erin and her boy Luke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet gift your friend gave to you. So thoughtful. You have lifted our spirits and warmed our hearts as well. :-) I feel deeply grateful for all of the wonderful people I have met through our blogs. I am thinking of you and Ella today! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful gift. We all want to do what we can to help you through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm smiling now. That's just such a sweet gesture, I'm so glad you have friends like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so thoughtful! You have been in my thoughts all week. I know how very hard your Ella's EDD is. Leading up to my Jasper's due date was an absolute nightmare and I thought I would never get through it. I still don't even know how I managed to. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This isn't really about your post, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you today. I know it's a hard day for you, but I am impressed by all of the great things that you have done this week. (like the hats!) You are a strong woman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bree, I'm thinking about you and your sweet Ella today. I hope that you had a peaceful day and found ways to remember Ella today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bree,
    I want you to know how special it is for me to see this blog. I identify strongly with you, because my baby girl's name is Eliana, I lost her on May 9, 2009 at 26 weeks, and I have also associated her with butterflies! You can check out my blog at peacelikeariver-elianagrace.blogspot.com. I tried to submit it to the infant loss directory but it hasn't been posted yet.

    ReplyDelete