
Had my u/s this morning. I don't feel defeated just yet, but I'm feeling a little down about the results. I DO have one and only one dominant follicle. Hallelujah! But, it's not as big as it should be for day 13 in my cycle. I think it was somewhere around 1.4 cm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it should be somewhere around 1.8 cm. Therefore, my doctor thinks I won't be ovulating until Friday or Saturday. She wants to look at the follicle again on Friday and go from there. Thankfully, I don't work Fridays so it's not a big deal to go back. I guess it could be worse. I could have no follicles at all or I could have had several. But, the waiting has been killing me and now I have to wait two more days. I'm thinking about a post Kate wrote last month. Still hoping the universe is kind to me and my little (soon to be big, I hope) follicle.
Work has been all consuming, it's exhausting. All I can do in the evenings is come home, crank up the AC, check in with my emails and blogs, and veg in front of the TV. Please know I'm reading all of your messages and posts, I've just been too tired to comment. I took today off work to go to my doctor's appointment. So, I'm looking forward to just laying around and being lazy.
Random Thought of the Day: Is it supposed to be hard to pee on a stick?










Yes it's hard to pee on a stick! I can never do it without making a mess, or somehow doing it all wrong.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad there is ONE follicle! Yay! I'm thinking of you and your follicle (now there is a Hallmark card greeting!), and hope it won't take much longer.
Okay, I think this is kind of funny. My daughters name is Amber and she works at a Hallmark store. I haven't seen that card yet!
ReplyDeleteBree I will pray for the follical to be big and ready on Friday. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Peeing on a stick is much harder then in should be by theory! I manage to make a mess too...oh well! haha
ReplyDeleteVery exciting news about your follicle! I am never ready for my HCG injection until day 14 or 15...so everyone and every follie is different. As for the size, I believe they like them to be around 20mm in size. But remember, they grow really quickly...so a lot can happen by Friday.
Hugs to you!!!!
Hard and messy! Thinking of you, girlie.
ReplyDeleteYou're in my thoughts, Bree. Praying hard! And I love the butterfly picture - it's so beautiful. Did you take it?
ReplyDeletePeeing on a stick has always been a disaster, in fact I've peed on my hand a couple of times...LOL. Towards the end of us TTC though, I started peeing in an old margarine tub and then just stuck the stick in there, worked much better. Keeping my fingers crossed for your follie. Hugs
ReplyDeleteI've always just peed in a dixie cup and dipped the stick in there. Much easier!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I just found out today that I am going to a national teaching conference in San Diego the weekend before Thanksgiving! Maybe we could meet for coffee or something! (Of course, hopefully you won't be able to drink coffee...) :)
I'm with Beth :) I keep plastic cups on hand at the house just for the occasion. Hoping everything goes well on Friday- keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I used to use the dip method. But, then things started going awry with my fertility monitor and I thought I was perhaps over saturating the stick. So this month, I decided to just pee on the damn thing. Boy, there's no secrets here.
ReplyDeleteNo, I'm not going back to teaching this fall. But, I spent the last year doing an action research project and I've been asked to present it at ACTFL. They're paying my for the conference and at least part of my travel expenses, so I figured it would be a good thing to have on my resume! Plus, I've never been to SD! (I've been to LA but that's it.)
ReplyDeleteGood Luck! Hope your baby is here soon:-)
ReplyDeleteAre you taking meds, Bree? When I took Clomid, it never got my follicles to the point of ovulation on its own. Once I only had one or two dominant follicles, I did 2-3 days of injections to grow them to the point where I could have my hcg shot. It worked really well.
ReplyDeleteI hope the follicle grows and this is your month.
Thinking of you! Sending babydust your way. xoxo Nan
ReplyDeleteI have to be honest, I've never prayed for a follicle before, but there is a first time for everything :) I hope you follicle is huge on Friday~ sending you good vibes and love!
ReplyDeleteLet us know how it goes on Friday!!
Oooh! I think that is a great follicle size! I am hoping that this is the cycle for you, my dear. All fingers are crossed!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the supportive comment on my blog- you are so sweet. :)