Monday, August 3, 2009

What To Do...

I know this is my second post today, but my mind is racing- even after a Xanex. I'm trying to decide how to proceed with this next cycle. Here is what I'm considering:

Option 1: Do nothing and just see what happens

Option 2: Another round of Clomid + Estrace

Option 3: Option 2 + Progesterone Cream

I'm really at a loss here. Ella was conceived naturally. However, I had been off the pill for over a year and was dealing with irregular menstrual cycles. About 45 days before conception, I had surgery to remove a large cyst from my right ovary and during the procedure my doctor also did a tubal levage. I think that helped things quite a bit. We used option 1 the first month of trying after losing Ella and I didn't ovulate. Clomid + Estrace helped me to get conceive this month, however it wasn't a viable pregnancy. A couple of people have asked me what Estrace does. It is my understanding that it helps improve the quality of the cervical mucus and build up the uterine lining since Clomid tends to inhibit both of these things. My doctor believes that I don't really need progesterone since I didn't use it with Ella, but is comfortable with me using it if it makes me feel better. However, my insurance only covers generics, so it costs $174 per cycle. Anyone out there use a different, cheaper form of progesterone. Wow, I get overwhelmed re-reading this junk. I'm sorry. But, I'd love any input here.

I also took the plunge today and sent an email to my bosses at work pleading to move to a part-time position. This move would mean way less money, but I really think it would be ideal for my well-being right now. I'm not really sure what will come of it. I may just end up returning to my previous position on August 24th.

And... during my craziness this morning, I deleted my facebook account. I never have anything other than negative things to report on my status and I'm so tired of reading about everyone's pregnancies and children. It's just too hard on me right now.

13 comments:

  1. I am sorry that Facebook brought you nothing but pain. I too have felt that way. But dont give up. I dont know what the best option is but I hope that whatever you decide works. (((HUGS)))

    PS. Thank you for beautiful butterflies and CD. They touched me so very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally your decision but we're on the try nothing & see what happens route (with the help of ovulation test strips this month). I don't know when I'll start looking into more medical intervention but for now it feels like the right thing for me. I hope the part time thing works out for you! I'm glad you still have a few weeks before school starts again (the teachers here go back tomorrow & students start friday).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing as how the Clomid and Estrace worked this month, maybe give it a try for another month or two. If I'm correct, you can only use Clomid for 6 months right? Clomid really wasn't an option for us because my problems are more equipment issues, but prior to that knowledge my doc wanted me to try it...

    I have a facebook, but suck at it really. Farm villages and stuff? Whatever really, but I could see how it could becoming annoying.

    Hopefully, the part-time position thing will work, so maybe you'll have a little less stress...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear, I took estrace too and used progesterone suppositories which were terribly expensive so I have no input there. I do hope they find something for you though.

    Best of luck with going PT @ work. My job is being a real pain in the arse with trying to get to PT. It's so unfair but ... I gotta do what I gotta do I guess.

    Kudos for deleting your FB. I really need to do the same thing as I have the SAME thing going on with my circle of friends, pregnancy, babies, my negativity. sigh. One of these days ... I will delete

    ReplyDelete
  5. My opinion is option #2. I would try that again, and then if that doesn't work I'd go back and look at the situation again, and decide if you want to try w/ the cream. I don't know what you use to track your ovulation for the "best" days to try to get pregnant, but the clearblue easy throw away tests that come up w/ the smiley face are awesome. We also have the clearblue easy fertility monitor, but I prefer the plain ol' sticks. They have been more reliable w/ the monitor, although we use both of them, along w/ Answer ovulation tests. Between the 3, we have a good idea of when is optimal LOL.

    As far as working PT, you have to do what is best for your mental health. I know I couldn't work full time right now. Im worried about going back to school next week, and I only have to attend class 2x per week...

    And I have to say GO YOU on deleting your facebook account! I deleted my Myspace and my facebook, and I was a very active user...but after we lost Ella, it was just all negativity, and finding out about everyone else's lives, blah blah blah. I do much better not having social networking accounts for sure...it is healthy for me. So good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Screw Facebook... good for you!

    And taking the plunge on the PT thing sounds like a great move -- even if you end up going back to your previous position, the very fact that you asked for PT indicates that you're having a hard time, and will hopefully result in some special allowances from your supervisors. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they give you an option that everyone is happy with...

    And about the ttc options. Lord, I have no input... I can't seem to get knocked up chemically or otherwise. The estrace sounds really interesting though... that's something that I'm going to research.

    Please just know that I'm rooting for you, Bree!!
    hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on getting rid of FB! I culled most of my "friends" some time ago because I got sick of being ignored by so-called friends when in fact I was going through the worst stage of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could give you some advice on what to do- like you I got pregnant easily the first two times (without trying) and then when we 'wanted' to have another baby it felt like we hit a wall- I chalked it up to the fact that it was ALL I thought about- after having sex I would imagine the sperm swimming and finding my egg- I always wondered did it work this time? Did it work? Like you I ovulated irregularly- sometimes two eggs a cycle sometimes not at all. My doc put my on clomid my third pregnancy and it worked- not sure if it was part psychological or not but either way we were thrilled.
    Good luck in your decision and whatever you choose I hope that next month we're hearing about a positive test which will be the beginning to a healthy pregnancy!
    Hugs-
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there,

    I just read about your chemical pregnancy and I am so sorry! I had one of those after two miscarriages and it is an AWFUL feeling.

    I hope you figure out the right thing for you, but I would probably wait, since you have conceived before. For me, the side effects of Clomid made it ineffective... but that is just me! We will all cheer you on no matter what.

    Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, if you think you'll go with option #2, then I'd definitely go ahead and add the progesterone. Just cut out that risk - it may be worth the $.
    But I can also tell you what I would do if I were you - and we've already talked about most of this.
    1. Go to a holistic doc - get a nutritional test and supplement to get your nutrients in order.
    2. Take Juice Plus every day.
    3. Eat as much organic as you can, try to eat 70% veggie and 20% of that should be raw.
    4. Give the body 4 months to have a chance to change at a cellular level.
    5. Continue with accupuncture twice a month.
    6. Try again with no intervention.

    I know that's probably not what you were looking for, I'm just saying it's what I'd do. Oh what is that you say... it IS what I am doing ;-)

    You can also do all of what I am doing while continuing down the medical intervention path - at least you'll be doing both...

    Whatever it is you decide to do - we're on this journey together and let me know how I can help. Maybe we need to set challenges for each other. Maybe we need to journal our eating/activities and share them to keep ourselves on track. Whatever it is - we can get there... we will have babies in our arms in our future.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are feeling a little better today Bree, I am thinking of you and sending you lots of sunshine and warmth. Big hugs, Nan xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was so touched by your story....this is my first visit to your blog...but will be keeping up with you....

    Praying and hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete