Monday, September 14, 2009

A Crappy Questionnaire. And, The Results Are In...

Number of pregnancies: 1 (wait... does the chemical pregnancy count? should i write two?)

Number of living children: 0 (crappy questionnaire. thanks for the reminder.)

Cycle Day 3 Blood Test Results:
My LH level is two times my FSH level. According to my doctor, my LH level would be at least three times my FSH level if I had true PCOS. But, I am borderline. (However, I read on the internet that anything over a 1:1 ratio, is PCOS). She doesn't think any medication other than Clomid is necessary. My sister is currently doing a low-glycemic diet to manage her PCOS. I'm jumping on that bandwagon as well. Can't hurt! Bye bye cupcakes. :( All other hormones are within "normal" range.

13 comments:

  1. Bree-
    I am sorry about that crappy questionnaire. And I'm sorry that he said you don't have "true" pcos-but glad all other hormones are in check.
    Would you mind sharing, if you could, the diet you and your sister are doing????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just linked the book, "The Fertility Diet." Click on low-glycemic diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got the results back, and glad that they aren't way out of whack. Good luck with the diet, sounds difficult. No cupcakes? Wah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh honey I'm sorry about that horrible questionnaire. Best of luck with the meds.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bree, I just got your note today. I just realized that I haven't been getting your posts.
    I don't know when that happened. Sorry if you haven't seen any comments from me. I went and added this link so hopefully that fixed it.
    Thank you for the donation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bree, definately count the chemical pregnancy as a pregnancy. I hate those questionnaires....I write the same thing zero living children. *hugs* Are you trying to test for PCOS? I may have missed past posts that would answer this. I have PCOS...if I can answer any questions let me know. I have heard that low carb is beneficial with PCOS although I will be honest I don't follow low carb, but try to stay low fat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nooo! You have to have a cupcake at least SOMETIMES! So Ella can have a lick:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a fan of those questionnaires either. (((hugs))) to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry Bree. Why is it so very hard for some of us to have babies...and yes you have to let Ella have her lick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate those questionaires to and often wonder if they need to be filled out simply for reasons of torture. I hate the ones that add in, "How many live births?". So lets see...how many pregnancies? 6. How many live births? 4. How many children? 2. Why not just ask how many babies were produced in the total number of pregnancies you've had? That number would be 8. I get that it matters for some things, like re-current loss testing, fertility work ups...but other things, does it really matter? Other then to just cause us more pain.

    I hope the new "diet" works and get things back on track for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. interesting.. i supposedly have PCOS. I am waiting I get my health insurance in October to begin investigating this further. I have ALWAYS been regular- until I had Maxton. Since then, nothing. :-( Anyways, hope that everything works out for you! Thinking of you alot!
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh, stupid questionnaire. I hope that the low-glycemic thing helps out!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Questionaire nightmare. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete