Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Normal

I'm tired of feeling like a freak. I don't want to be a mom to a dead baby. I am losing faith in my body's abiliity to carry a baby to a stage where she'll live. I hate the way people look at me when I enter my doctor's office for the third time in one week. I hate that people think this is my first pregnancy and disregard my status as a mother. I want to belong. I want to feel normal. I want to be like everyone else. Thank God for this community, my haven, the only place I feel a sense of belonging.

15 comments:

  1. Ella has made you a caring, cautious, and extraordinary mom....Don't you ever forget that!!
    Hang in there...thank you for the support you have given to all of us!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do belong, you are a mom, you are everything you should be and more. I know the road is long and rocky, but its one I and so many others will continue to walk with you. Lots of *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldnt have said it better myself. I feel the exact same way. Kristy said it and I will say it too, You are a mom. I am a mom even if our babies are not here with us. You do belong! Dont forget it. You will always be Ella's mommy! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a mom...and, a great one at that...You give yourself shots and you had your cervix stitched up to keep jellybean safe. You would have done the same for Ella if you had only known what was going to happen...it sucks that we don't know we have a problem with our body until it fails our babies. You can do it though and we're here to support you every step of the way...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Bree. I hope that today's appointment went well, and that tomorrow's does. You've been in my thoughts all day.

    The techs today kept asking us if this was our "first baby" - that's such a crap question. We are mothers, and Ella is such a part of your life. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have many many many weeks of good appointments. You expressed how you feel perfectly - I have been struggling with all the appointments and questions as well.

    You are a great mom for fighting for your baby so hard from day 1. Positive vibes coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a wonderful mom. Hold your head up high and ignore the odd looks from others who don't understand. We love you here and know how much you truly are a MOM. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phooey on other people! You are a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bree, I feel the very same way! I cried to my MD yesterday about my frustration! Hang in there! Stop worrying about what everyone else thinks about you. As long as your heart and mind are at ease, that is all that matters (as much as that is possible right now)!! Keep your faith! Praying and thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know that feeling...what a blessing this community is. Like I said in the email...to heck with everyone else. You know what is true. *hugs* Thinking of you and your new bundle and Ella. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a great mommy and don't let anyone let you think other wise!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ((((((((BREE))))))))

    You are a wonderful Mummy... and you will continue to be. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have felt like that so many times! You are a wonderful mom. Know that you body can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know what you mean, not in the new pregnancy part, but in the wanting to feel normal. I hate how easy it is these days to mention my daugther's death with other people, as if it's a normal dinner conversation. It's not normal at all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You said it so well, I get tired of not belonging. But like everyone else has said, we are moms!! Sending you *big* HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete