I have been feeling so lonely and isolated lately. I'm sure part of this is my fault. I am not ready to do or say certain things to the people who love me. I also feel that some people just don't know what to say or do to help. I'm wondering why I haven't invited certain friends and family to view my blog. I kind of like having this blog be an outlet where I can post anything without worrying that I'm offending anyone. But, I think in doing so I'm also shutting people out. So, needless to say I'm strongly thinking about inviting some of the people closest to me to view my blog. However, I must say I get so happy when I see that other moms have visited my blog. Thanks to everyone for stopping by. :)
I've been thinking a lot this week about what I'm going to do to help others who are in this situation. I so desperately want to DO SOMETHING. I strongly believe Ella came into our lives for a reason and I feel the responsibilty to do work in her honor. I'm not super artistic- I can't sew, but I do know the basics of knitting. And, I do enjoy making things and being creative. I would love to make something that can be given to comfort families during this difficult time. Is there anyone out there who can share projects they have done in honor of their little babies?
On a totally different note, this week I read the book "An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination," by Katherine McCracken. A very special friend sent this book to me. I read the whole story in one afternoon. The author does such a beautiful job describing the experience of giving birth to a baby who has died and the emotional aftermath. It was sad to read, but I highly recommend the book.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










I have yet to find my niche. I have written a couple of poems. But that comes with time I guess. I have so many things to say. My husband's sister-in-law wants me to publish the ones that I have posted here. Maybe my blog is my something. I have only invited my husband's sister-in-law and one other friend. I think mostly because I know they won't judge me and they both are too far away. They are both in different states. I told my friend yesterday that my husband's sister-in-law suggested that I share it with my husband. This way he knows what I am feeling. But, I want to be selfish with this for now. I want to be able to say what I want to say and not worry about being judged. I don't want to hear the "Why did you say that?"
ReplyDeleteThank you for the book suggestion. I will look that one up.
you'll find something that is right for you - something that you can do especially for others in Ella's memory!
ReplyDeletei want to look up that book too, it sounds like something i can finally relate to!!!
I haven't told most people I know about my blog either... I started blogging on myspace/facebook and then felt I needed more privacy so I switched to blogger... when I feel it's something that might help everyone as a whole I share it- and I'm feeling almost ready to tear the walls back down again. Really though, do what you feel you need to do for you. It's ok to have a safe place to vent but it's also ok to share your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI completely understand feeling the need to do something to honor my baby. The hospital I went to didn't have anything prepared for families experiencing pregnancy loss so we've started kits (which include knitted blankets) in memory of our son and I also have a memorial garden which I find healing to work in. Here's the site for our project: http://sites.google.com/site/levishopeproject/ I hope this helps. (((hugs)))
I'm honored you decided to share your blog with me and open yourself up. I'm so glad you have such support from women who do understand what you've gone (are going) through. I'm here in any way you need a friend.
ReplyDelete