Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day 2009



Honoring my daddy today. He was a loving, story telling, hardworking, BBQing, perfect taco making, could fix anything kind of guy. I'm grateful for the close relationship I had with my dad and for all of the things he taught me. I love you dad. A piece of my heart went with you when you died. I hope you're loving on Ella for us.

Thinking about my husband this weekend too. My heart aches for him. We are so sad that our precious Ella is not here with us on Father's Day.

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you both.

    Hugs,

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice tribute to your Dad. I am certain he holding Ella close until you meet again.

    Thinking of you and your hubby on Father's Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know its hard muddling our way through this holidays, but I hope you and your hubby have a peaceful father's day weekend.

    I know your dad is in heaven and is having a great time with Ella. Its bittersweet because I know you want them both here with you, but its gotta be a comfort to know that they have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father's Day is hard, isn't it? My dad left my mom a few years ago after 30+ years of marriage, so it's a hard holiday for me too. How am I supposed to honor a man who hurt our family? And my poor husband doesn't have his first baby here with him like he should. I know you must miss your dad...I'm sorry it's a hard day for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bree, I know I'm chiming in late, but I wanted to say thanks for sharing a pic of your dear dad. He looks exactly like you described him -- I can practically see him firing up the grill for a bbq.

    I hope Father's Day was ok for ya'll...
    Hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete