Monday, August 3, 2009

Another Loss

Well... I was pregnant again... for a few whole days, at least. I started having crazy symptoms about 7 days past ovulation. My boobs hurt, I felt congested, I was sleepy, making frequent trips to the bathroom, I had to eat every two hours or I'd feel nauseous... The first test I took on Thursday was faintly positive. Knowing that the line was faint, I tried not to get too excited. Heck, even if the line was dark I wasn't going to get too excited. I tested again on Friday and the line was still faint, but darker. I called my OB and she was excited. She told me "a line is a line." She told me I could come in for a Beta test on Thursday and then again 96 hours later on Monday. I guess I started to get a little excited. I still thought, this one could not stick, I could lose it tomorrow, a month from now, twenty weeks from now, I could lose it full-term. But, I still got excited. Excited at the chance to try again. Excited that the universe brought me a baby without having to try for too long. Excited that the universe brought us the baby at a perfect time, right before I had gone back to work full-time. Well, yesterday's test was negative. Then, I woke up this morning bleeding. A fucking chemical pregnancy. Great. What the hell went wrong? Was it because I was on my feet way too much last week? Was it because I was so stressed out? Was it because I snuck a half-caf coffee one morning last week? When will the universe stop punishing me? Why do I allow myself to have faith and hope when I've just been shot down so many times. Why does it feel like good things are happening to everyone, but me? Because if this is it, if this is my life's path, I'm done. I don't want to keep trying for a baby. I don't want to live in this messed up universe.

This is random (again...). I just saw that pregnancy loss awareness day is October 15th. Ella was conceived October 15th. Was her life doomed from the beginning?

24 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I've been trying for seven months and was five days late this week. It really sucks to get your hopes up. I'm so sorry honey.
    Love Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Bree,
    It breaks my heart to hear this, I would be the same way. I always tell myself, I'm going to be paranoid if we fall prego again, but its unfortunately the way it is now for us. The joy and innocence of being pregnant has been ripped away and stolen from us. Just trying to get pregnant isnt fun for us with IVF lurking ahead. I think it's worth pursuing though if you want to add to your family (yes, you are adding because you are a parent to an angel). If you cannot handle another pregnancy loss and still want to have an earthly child, there is always adoption, is that an option for you? You have options. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I feel your heartache and I can only cry with you. Lots of hugs and love, Nan xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you Bree. It just plain sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to you Bree.... big, fat HUGS xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry Bree. It's so unfair to be handed so many losses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You cannot give up. You have to keep trying. I know the journey is hard, but it is all worth it when you reach your destination. Lots of love and warm hugss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my dear friend. I am so so incredibly sorry. I wish I could get on a plane and just sit and cry with you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry. You poor girl, my heart aches for your pain. I wish I had the words to tell you it will be okay. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm so very sorry. This is just totally unfair. Sometimes it does seem asif the universe is out to get us. The only thing I can offer from my experience is that eventually you get to "win". So even though it's hard, don't give up hope. In the end, "winning" doesn't make you forget, but it helps get you through.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so unfair. I'm so sorry you have had to go through this. I have no explanation and no words that will take away your pain. Just know that I here for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry, lovey. Be gentle on yourself because you know it was nothing that you did, and I know it isn't fair. The universe plays cruel tricks on us all the time, but don't give up yet. I won't let you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw Bree I'm so upset! I was hoping your bean would stick. Keep your head up, you will have a baby you deserve it so much. Don't let the negative seep in...I know, easier said than done!!!

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, for f*ck's sake, Bree, I am so, so sorry. I loved the oil painting post, and it just sucks that yet another loss is waiting to pounce on you every single time you try to refocus. I seriously think your quota of suckage has been met -- I just wish that I could appeal to the universe on your behalf.
    Chemical or no, your grief is real... just do whatever you need to do to get through it.
    Thinking of you, friend.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Bree, I am so sorry. It isn't fair. It sucks to get your hopes up and have them crushed. I also had a chemical pregnancy during our first cycle of TTC'ing again.

    Hugs and prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bree, I'm so sorry. It just isn't fair.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read your blog everyday, I don't post much since I have never been there and I cannot imagine how hard it must be, all I can say is I'm sorry this month didn't work out and I will keep you in my thoughts and I's sending you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry Bree. :( Every loss is difficult, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so very very sorry. Thinking of you!
    Hugs-
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thinking of you a lot tonight Bree! So unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Bree. I was on the train yesterday when I read this and cried just about the whole way home. I'm so sorry sweetie. I wish I had more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bree - I'm just reading your updates - this sucks! I am so sorry. It will happen. Praying for a rainbow baby your way.

    xo

    ReplyDelete