Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Move, Misery, and A Blanket

I moved. I'd been thinking about moving my blog for a while. In fact, I'm still thinking about making the change to Wordpress. I love that you can password protect certain posts should you be so inclined to do so. But, for now, I feel a little safer here (though, I've googled the title of my blog and I show up in sorts of places- on my old blog, on other blogs, but not here, yet...). A while ago, I made the choice to invite some of the people in my real life to view my blog. My reasoning for this was that I wanted them to understand what this whole screwed up process is really about. Anyway, I've had mostly good responses from them. I've been a little disappointed at times because I've invited people to read and they don't (or they don't tell me they're reading). There's also been times when my IRLs have wanted to talk about something I wrote on my blog and I just don't want to (you know, the whole it's easy to write it on your blog, but not easy to say it out loud). Well, last week, some of the things that I had been saying on my blog in regards to my work came back to bite me in the behind. I knew this would happen. In fact, it's not really that big of a deal because I've decided to not return to my job. But, I was quite angry because the person that was calling me out on what I was saying has been telling me for months that she only wants to be there for me as a friend. I feel like she was holding the things I said against me and that's not fair. I've been through so much shit and have every right to say what's on my mind here. No one has the right to challenge the way I'm feeling. I felt violated. I felt unsafe and decided to make the move.

I've been miserable this week. I don't feel happy. My days lack joy. I feel like a zombie walking through the necessary steps of living each day. We are just about to hit the five month mark. I'd say up until last week, the hope I had for living baby pulled me through each day. Now, that that's been taken from me, I just don't know what to do.

I had such a strong vibe that I would conceive in July. And I did. As soon as I saw the two pink lines, I knew it wouldn't stick. And it didn't. Now, I am not feeling anything. I don't have any strong vibes about anything other than I'm not going to have a living baby in my arms for a very long time. I know that living for the possiblity of bringing a healthy baby into the world is not any way to live. I don't want my life to revolve around this, but what can you do?

By the way, I've decided to proceed with another cycle of Clomid + Estrace + Progesterone. But, this month, I'm not taking any hpts. If my period is late, I will just call my doctor and request a beta. I'm not putting myself through that torture again. Nor do I have the cash to keep buying hpts.



I've been sleeping with the blanket Ella was wrapped in at birth since I came home from the hospital. Sadly, the blanket is getting dingy and could use a washing. Part of me wants to wash it and put it away for safe keeping, before it gets ruined. Another part of me wonders what good it will do when I have the blanket sitting in my closet 20 years from now. Maybe I should just keep using the blanket as my comfort item until it completely falls apart. I actually have another blanket of hers, the blanket she was wrapped in after the nurse dressed her. I've been keeping that one safely in my closet. But, this one, the one I sleep with is the one that means the most to me. It is the one that touched Ella's skin.

I'm sorry for the downer post. I wish I had something positive or enlightening to say. I want to help others like me, I want to inspire others to feel positive and hopeful. But, I'm just not there yet.

11 comments:

  1. You know, I don't even think they gave me Mackenzie's blanket. That makes me sad. I'm glad you have Ella's. I think you should keep using the blanket if it makes you feel better. I'm sorry you're still waiting for your rainbow baby. Sending you good vibes for August. I'm not ready to start ttc yet...hell I haven't even had my first period since having Mackenzie. Wishing you happiness.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you aren't going back to work there, how incredibly insulting. I am sorry you had to endure anything like that, you do not deserve that after all you have been through. The nerve of people. I want to scream obsenities (sp?) across the screen for you.

    I know things are really hard for you right now, and just know its perfectly fine, you can be however you want to be, please be selfish and do things for you. You are grieving over another loss on top of a loss, please try to go easy on yourself sweetie. It's alot to take in.

    Im glad you have Ella's blanket. They did not give us the girls' blankets but we stole one from the warmer and wrapped it in plastic to preserve the smell. If you know a hospital worker, ask them to take another for you! I know it won't be Ella's blanket, but the look and feel are helpful. I sound like a clepto (sp?).

    Sending you lots of love and hugs, Nan xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have all of Akul's things packed away in huge zip lock storage bags. Sunil wanted to do that so they would smell like Akul forever. I missed you so much at the support group meeting. We really need to get together and talk about all the stuff we both have bottled up inside of us. Hugging you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry things are so hard right now, Bree!! I think it's definitely the right decision for you to be done with that job! I was so sorry to hear about your pregnancy loss, but please know I am praying for you and thinking of you. I wish I had asked to keep Eliana's blanket from the hospital too, what a sweet momento to hold onto! I have a little blanket I sometimes cuddle with that makes me think of Eliana. I bought two alike after she was born and wrapped her in one the last two times I saw her. She was buried with that one, but I kept the other one to remember with.

    Keep hanging on, Sweetie, I know it doesn't seem like things will get better, but they will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((((Bree)))) You and I are in such similar places right now. I didn't even connect that you got pregnant the month you were due until just now. I was due in June and got pregnant in June as well. I feel like I've become a victim of a huge cosmic joke, to be given a glimpse of something I want, whether it is for a few days or for 20 weeks, just to have it taken away.

    I have a small pink blanket that Sydney was wrapped in after she was cleaned up and dressed. I don't have the blanket that was wrapped around her right after she was born. It was kind of bloody and gross so they wouldn't let me keep it. :( I have slept with the pink blanket every night since I was in the hospital. I also have a little bear that she was holding when they brought her to us on the second day. I wrap that little bear in the pink blanket and sleep with both. When I've been away from home, I take the blanket and bear with me. I also tuck the little bear into my purse to carry with me everywhere that I go. I openly carried it around for quite a while and I'm sure people thought I was crazy. I'm really neurotic about Sydney's things. The night I came home from the hospital, I made DH go buy a fireproof safe and I keep everything locked up in that. I think it's pretty normal to worry about our babies' things because that's all we have left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry that someone had the audacity to call out what you write here and challenge your feelings. When that happened to me I felt quite violated as well. It's frustrating when you open your heart about your grief and it's used against you. That is seriously wrong. Maybe a different job is just what you need to feel happy again at work. I am really sorry that happened. :-(

    I think that is so special that you have Ella's blanket. I don't blame you for not wanting to wash it. I wish we had the blanket Zoe was wrapped in...but we don't.

    Sending you lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bree, I am so sorry that your trust was violated. It is obvious that your IRL people don't understand you. I would go on here about what I think of them but it would be inappropriate. I wish you had better support at work just so that you could focus on something.

    I am truly sorry about your loss. I wish that you were given the chance to get to know your children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am sorry for your loss. i came across your site through another site (a woman named nan who lost her triplets, but i do not know her personally). i think i am not quite strong enough to read sites like this yet, but i read some of yours. i lost my angel less than two weeks ago. i was 1 day away from a scheduled csection at 39 weeks, and the doctors dont know why, but there was no heartbeat. i have read some eerie coincidences on your site though. i also lost my father before this, who i was very close to. i also said something like you said, that i will never see my daughter's eyes or hear her cry. (although, a nurse opened them for us as we were not strong enough to, they were blue like my husbands). i also ache when i see other children around me, and one of my best friends is pregnant. i work as a pediatric nurse.. on the infant toddler wing, and i dont know how i will go back... we held our daughter for a short time though she died before she was delivered. i am sorry for your loss and when i am up to it, i will come back and read about you again. if you want to read my story, i first wrote about it on facebook to reach many who are dear to me, but have transferred it here now. this was my blog beforehand. the earlier entries where i was so happy, break my heart all over again. i miss my baby girl, Kathlyn Joy, and i will never be the same.

    http://safeinthishouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bree - I think you will cherish the blanket for ever and ever - much longer than 20 years. But sleep with it as long as you need to. I think you'll know when you are ready to put it away and you're going thru so much right now- don't worry about it for a while.

    As for the blog - you know I had the same experience. It is unfortunate that people who can't understand can't even allow us to go thru what we need to. They could at least recognize that they can't understand and let it all go...but instead they make it all worse. Surely, it is some of the closest people in our lives who make things the most difficult and can be the most hurtful. But I'm glad you have found a way to continue the blog because it is so helpful for you as well as the rest of us. It is worth it.
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bree, I still sleep with Jasper's blanket. I used to hold it while sleeping now since I got Jasper's bear (his only toy) I sleep with the bear and put his blanket under my pillow. Jasper's blanket is getting a little dingy as well, but I just can't wash it. He lived his life and passed away while I was holding him on that blanket.

    As for the person challenging your feelings about what you wrote in your blog is just horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bree, I just made it over to your new blog. Now that I'm following it, I'll notice when you post something new. :) I'm sorry you've been through so much lately....and I'm sorry others gave you a hard time about your blog.

    I say keep sleeping with the blanket if it gives you comfort. :)

    ReplyDelete