A couple of my faithful blog followers commented that I haven't been around (online) much this week(though, maybe they haven't switched over to my new blog). So I decided to post with what I've been up to. Warning: It's nothing exciting.
I resigned from my teaching position on Monday. Even though it's what I wanted and needed, I'm still a little sad. It was depressing packing up all of my things in my classroom. I'm also worried about whether I'll get enough subbing and tutoring jobs to make ends meet. One school district I called said they have over 700 subs on their list. I've created business cards and am working on a new blog where my tutees can come and learn about me, ask questions, ect... I'm calling myself "The Traveling Teacher."
I've been busy this week with appointments. I saw a new therapist yesterday. I may like her. I'm not sure yet. I liked my last therapist the first time too. I had acupuncture today. I love my acupuncturist. I've had my share of spa treatments, and my acupuncture sessions go above and beyond any treatment I've ever had. Tomorrow, I'm off to the dentist and to have tb test done for substitute teaching. Then, I have my follicle ultrasound on Monday morning. Let's hear it for 1 big, beautiful follie.
I'm still trying to be good with my diet (hate calling it a diet- more of a lifestyle). Still trying to eat an egg every day because my acupuncturist says if you want to have good eggs, eat eggs. Chinese rule, I guess. I've added flaxseed to my regimen too. Flaxseed is supposed to balance hormone levels in women. Other items I'm eating every day are Greek yogurt, an avocado, walnuts, and green tea. I guess if this lifestyle doesn't bring me a baby, at least I'll be healthy.
I started reading "The Time Traveler's Wife." I like it, but have had to reread sections several times. Is it just me or is it a little hard to follow? Maybe after I get farther into it, I'll get the whole going back and forth thing.
What's been going on with you?
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










Hi Bree!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment on my blog, I wish you could come over and have coffee in my garden with me too!!! Maybe you could buy some silk flowers for your balcony and some vines?? I bet it would look pretty! You sound pretty good this week, and yes, healthy as a horse! I have not been good to my body, but Ill get there again someday :) I cry almost everytime the commerical for the movie Time Trav. Wife comes on...I can't take the chick flicks right now! Alright, off to get ready for crappy work, goodluck with your new ventures and I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hugs and lots of rainbows, Nan xo
Hi Bree. I just want to warn you that THe Time Travelers wife has a big part in it dealing with their child dying plus miscarriages. I'm sorry to give away part of the book, but it was terribly upsetting when I read it and I don't want you to have to deal with it if you don't want to.
ReplyDeleteOT - What is hot yoga? It sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteHi Bree!! So good to hear your update...I am sending you good vibes for your very excellent follie! :-)
ReplyDeleteI am totally thinking about trying acupuncture. I went a couple of times last year, but it was just so dang expensive. But it's worth it.
Anyway...glad you are well!! Hugs
Here's to the follie. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteAs for the book - I think it is quite something that you are able to read for "fun." After my first miscarriage, it took me 4 months before I could pick up anything recreational. I hope that you recognize your positive progress through grief, even though you are still in such a state of suckiness.
Again, I'm just so sorry that you have had to endure this additional loss. It's just not fair at all.
Thanks for the heads up on The Time Traveler's Wife. I did know that, so you're not spoiling it for me, no worries. I actually like to read sad stories, stories I can relate to, ect... If you look on my shelfari, I have read a couple of books where the main character has experienced a pregnancy loss. That said, I may still be distraught when I get to the sad parts. :)
ReplyDeleteEmily- hot yoga is awesome! Its yoga done in a hot room. And, I do power yoga. So you move through the poses pretty quickly and it's done to cool music- sometimes rap and rock. Very, very fun!!
Glad to have an update on what you are doing. I really want to read that book, I have it on hold at the library, I should be getting it soon. I really wanted to read it before I saw the movie, but I think I'm going to have to watch the movie first, maybe this weekend. I really want to see it and read the book.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from ya.
angela
Bree- I am about halfway into Time Traveler's wife and I think it definitely picks up once you get into it!
ReplyDelete