Sunday, August 16, 2009

5 Months

Yesterday, was Ella's 5 month anniversary. I can't believe it's been 5 months. Time has flown by and it still feels like it all happened just yesterday. In just a few weeks, we will have been without her just as long as she was with us. We spent most of the day inside the house with the air conditioning cranked up. But, we went out exploring in the evening. I feel so fortunate to live in such a beautiful city. We went for a sunset walk in Coronado. Of course, I wrote Ella's name in the sand. Again, I didn't have my camera. Then, we headed downtown to buy some of these delicious cupcakes.



Mmmmm. The peanut butter chocolate cupcake is Ah-mazing. They don't call them Heaven.ly Cup.cakes for nothing.

This morning, I received a series of beautiful photos from Kenner's mom, Emalee. Thank you so much, Emalee. I just love these photos. I will post them all in Ella's Name Gallery.



I also wanted to point out that my blog buddy, Lisa is hosting a preemie clothing drive in honor of her son, Jasper. Please visit her site to see if you can help out in any way.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Bree! The Dr. D. said that if insurance does not cover it, then he will do the surgery at cost "$4,000". It is very affordable (with a little saving and cutting back and very doable). He does this for all his patients. His staff however is very good in getting insurance to pay. They prefer to fund the procedure than face the possibility of paying for a NICU stay. If you need his e-mail address let me know. He is awesome to me already. Good luck!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and these cupcakes!

    It is hard when you get to the point that your baby has been gone longer than you had them...I remember crying myself to sleep when that day hit.

    I thought I had added myself as a follower to your new blog, but things haven't been showing up on my reader...sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes do looke amazing!

    I too remember when we hit the date that Zoe was gone as long as she was here...so very sad. You and Ella are in my thoughts.

    Many, many hugs to my fav west coast gal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those anniversaries can be so hard. Glad you got to enjoy some treats and the outdoors. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The day Akul would have been 6 months old was so hard for us. We went to the temple and spent the entire evening there. Ofcourse i blogged about Akul in the morning, He was with me for over 8 months...so we have not crossed that mark yet. I go back to work in a weeks time and that will be yet another thing to deal with. Hugssss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bree,
    You know you were on my mind :) Im glad you went out and had some yummy treats :) I will send you a pic soon when that bloom comes out more and my program at work lets me photoshop so I can put Ella's name on it so you can add to you collection :) The pictures you have received are amazing! You are loved!! Many hugs, Nan xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bree, I am glad you liked the pictures. SO I see you live in San Diego are? I LOVE it there,my parents and sister are there right now on vacation and plan on going to that same cupcake shop i am sure!!! LOL anyways hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am dreading the day that Ella has been gone longer than she was with us. I was thinking about that the other day. Wow. I get what you mean about time...going slow and fast all at the same time. I can't believe its been as long as it has for either of us. Glad you survived another monthly anniversary.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those treats look amazing...wow. Mmmm...

    And the picture of Ella's name is beautiful. I love it! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having known you since 6 weeks after you lost Ella, I really appreciate the perspective that you are only just now, after all of this time, reaching the milestone of having lived as long with out her as you lived with her. In all of the comments and suggestions you've had from people that you should be "done grieving" or getting back to "normal" or whatever - this is a good thing to point out. It really makes an impact to realize how much time you had to get to know her and incorporate her into your life. How in the world would you just move on and not be sad anymore??? I feel the weight of your loss and your saddness.

    And DAMN those cupcakes look yummy.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete