
So, our 2009 ended with the same bad luck we've been encountering all year long. Yesterday, our poor dog was bit badly at her first day of dog camp. Husband and I were giddy with excitement to enroll her in a local day camp for dogs. We thought our girl would love nothing more than to run around a farm with a bunch of other dogs a couple of times each month. We've been taking her to our local dog park for four years and have never had a single incident occur. About 30 minutes after dropping her off, we received a phone call that she had been bit and would require stitches. Six hours and $900 later, we were finally able to bring our broken-spirited girl home. Poor thing has to wear a cone on her head for two weeks and is all disoriented from the anesthesia. She keeps running into the furniture.I know it could be a lot worse. But, it's heartbreaking to watch her in misery.

So, I'll say my goodbyes to 2009. And end this post with my first public belly pic. Taken at 14 weeks, 5 days, this is old news now. I'd say I'm already bigger than I was when I delivered Ella.










I'm so sorry about your poor doggy! That's awful...and that you had to pay for it! Poor girl.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope 2010 brings us both a better year! I have to say, you look absolutely adorable in your belly pic! You look happy and glowing! I can't wait to see more...all the way through June!! :o)
Thanks, Kelli.
ReplyDeleteThe dog camp has offerred to "help" with the cost, so hopefully that means the whole amount.
The dog camp should pay the entire amount! She was in their care when she got hurt. You looked beautiful at 14 weeks, and I am sure you look even better now :-). Shame on you for neglecting to tell us the sex, and that I had to find out via epic fails blog. (shaking my index finger at you). Happy New Year Bree!!!
ReplyDeleteyou look gorgeous bree! and I am sorry about your dog.. Our lab Molly got hurt a few weeks after we got her and cost so much.. but she is worth it.. hope she feels better soon.. hugs
ReplyDeleteYou're beautiful! *hugs*
ReplyDeleteYour dog is adorable and I love the belly picture!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
You look fantastic! I'm jealous.
ReplyDeleteAnd that dog camp better mean all of the cost. It was under their watch. Poor doggie.
You put 2009 into just such beautiful words, Bree. That's just exactly how I feel.
ReplyDeleteYour poor puppy. I am so sorry - I hope she heals quickly!
I LOVE the belly pic! You were saying that you only look "chunky" right now - not true at all! It's such a cute pregnancy bump!
Oh poor puppy......I am happy to see a belly picture!
ReplyDeleteOh 2009, such a bittersweet year. I don't want it to leave yet I can't wait for it to go.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a happy and peaceful 2010 Bree.
Oh, Bree! Your poor dog. That's awful. Our last Old English Sheepdog, Duncan, was attacked twice in his life and both times were dreadful - we were able to get the biting dog's owners to pay for vet costs in both cases. Maybe you can, too? The play place should, but surely the other dog's owners would kick in? I would if my dog did that. Poor dog wearing the cone of shame (have you seen Up?).... I've told our Albert OES dog and he says she can come play with him. He won't bite but he will sit on her. Your photo is lovely and you look radiant. Hoping all the very best for you in 2010 my friend. (((Hugs)))
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful! You look glowing, which I know is such a cliche thing to say, but you do :)
ReplyDeleteSorry about your doggie!
Love the baby bump *hugs*
ReplyDeleteDoggy daycare should pay the whole thing!!
You look so cute!
ReplyDeleteAnd I couldn't agree more. You say it perfectly - I have also read on so many blogs how they are so happy to be done with 2009. While I'm ready to move on to happier endings, I am sad 2009 is over because it was and always will be Madelyn's year. Thank you for writing the thoughts I have been thinking. :)
Hi Bree,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your comment and Hannah's butterfly. Where do I find that? Also, you never emailed me your info from my giveaway day so I can send your item. Just email me when you get a chance klarsen17@yahoo.com. So sorry for your doggie too :( I love mine like children. And congratulations and many blessings with your Rainbow :)
Love and God's blessings,
Katy
hannahshonor.blogspot.com
Okay - first I have to say that I love that pic of you prego. I especially love that the animals are really doing the same pose as you - too cute.
ReplyDeleteSecond, I'm still so sad about Cassidy. We have to get her and Kingston together when she is a little recovered - okay, maybe when the cone is off - so they can get their "play on".
And finally, I am sorry for your two really sucky years. After all you have been thru there is little reason to believe in hope. But I (and we) will all hope for you that 2010 is different. That 2008 and 2009 will always be the years that the worst things happened to you and that you won't have painful years in the near future.
Bree this is going to be a GREAT year!! We just have to hold on to hope and faith. Love the preggo picture......Lizy from Chicago
ReplyDeleteOh no! I'm sorry your dog got bit! :( I always hate seeing those cones on their heads. They look miserable with them (but also quite comical). Wishing you the best this year has to offer!
ReplyDelete