This wasn't the original pregnancy test that I took on November 3rd. I took this one about ten days later. I guess I still didn't believe that I was pregnant. My husband put this test in a Ziploc bag and attempted to save it. I told him that it was gross, plus the pregnancy sign would fade away, so I took a picture of it and then disposed of the test. I'm so glad I did that.

These are my favorite ultrasound pictures. This was the first time I saw Ella where she actually looked like a baby. These were the ones I got to show off to everyone on Christmas Day.

Though I hate the conditions this ultrasound was performed under, these are the last pictures I have of my Ella alive.
I've had a pretty shitty weekend. It seems that everywhere I go, I'm surrounded by pregnant women, tiny babies, chocolate brown and blue BOB strollers, and reminders of Father's Day. I wish I wouldn't have moved to this suburban hell. For this reason, I really don't like to go out. I'd love to be a recluse, but sometimes my husband bribes with cupcakes to go out. Such was the case yesterday.
My husband and I are having a difficult time communicating lately. I felt so close to him right after we lost Ella, but gradually we started to grieve differently. Last week, he told me he resented me when he had to work all day and knew that I was at home on the couch. I explained to him that there was no need to feel resentful of me. Why would anyone want to endure my personal hell? I sit on the couch severely depressed, thoughts running through my head a million miles a minute. Yesterday, he told me that he needed a break from me talking about what happened 24 hours a day. I've actually read about this in numerous books about loss. It suggested that couples set aside time each day and put a time limit on talking about the loss. I just don't feel ready yet to put a cap on my grief. And, I resent the fact that I can't talk incessantly about Ella with my own husband. I already feel that I have to withhold saying things to everyone else and guess I have to do it with him now.










wow.. I could have wrote this exact post months after I lost my sweet Ella (which was almost excactly a year before you lost your sweet Ella) It's so weird how men grieve differently- definitely need a manual for that! I also remember my fave u/s of my Ella was 4 days before she was born but also when the docs told me she wasn't going to live. I just wanted to leave a comment for you and a hug. Thanks for reaching out to me on the passing of my mother as well ♥ May God continue to Bless you.
ReplyDeleteAw, Bree I am so sorry. It becomes difficult when the grief changes. I am where you are...but forcing myself to get out and about, and I HATE it. It makes me feel worse. I can talk about it all over again, which is not maybe the most positive thing, but its all my mind can do. But I totally get what you are saying. I love all my Ella related pics as well, we took a pic of the same pg test and kept it too. I also love my u/s pics of Ella, because she is alive. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI'm incredibly sorry that you're having to endure this pain that comes along with grief. It's never easy when all you want to do is talk about your precious angel and having it feel like no one wants to listen. Know that many of us are out here that will never get tired of hearing about your sweet girl.
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet pictures of Ella. We also took a picture of my pregnancy test. :-) I have found that Tim and I grieve very differently as well. For me, I could spend hours talking about Zoe...and although I know Tim loves to talk about her, it is usually me who initiates the conversation. I am so sorry these days are tough. You are in my thoughts! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are beautiful. I'm so sorry you and your hubby are having issues. We started grieving differently as well, though I never dealt with what you are dealing with. I'm sorry that he thinks it is too much of you talking about your loss when he is the father of your baby. I don't have any advice, except maybe seek a counselor. I just started talking with someone and realize I could have used her comfort early on. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures. I'm sorry that you and your husband are not connecting right now. It's all so hard.... you will work it out, in your own time.
ReplyDeletexx
I'm looking forward to seeing you on Wed and being a person you can talk to about all of this. It's hard to find people that it's okay to be "stuck" with. My husband is so far beyond the loss now, I don't even mention my bad days to him anymore. It is so hard to be so alone.
ReplyDeleteKathy
How well I remember the grief-related marital fights... so, so hard.
ReplyDeleteI love the ultrasound pics of Ella -- a beautiful, perfect profile! And yes, I too took pictures of my pregnancy tests. I'm so glad you captured that image.. I'm sure the photobook for Ella is going to be so special.
These ultrasound pics are just so perfect. They make me cry. I know how hard it is to look at that ultrasound of your baby alive.
ReplyDeleteKathy
Rocking in the same lonely boat you are.
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are beautiful, and so touching. I was one of the gross ones who saved the actual test. Please let us know how your memory book comes out!
Loving you...