Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Letters

My Dear Sweet Ella,
Our firstborn, our first love. We love and miss you greatly. It is hard to believe that tomorrow will be your first Christmas. You still would have been so tiny and probably wouldn’t have understood all of the festivities. But, we would have dressed you in your Christmas best. And, I imagine the family would have taken turns passing you around, fighting over who got to love on you next. You may not be here to open it, but yesterday your daddy wanted to go to the toy shop to buy a Christmas gift for you. We had it wrapped and it is sitting underneath the tree we decorated in your honor. It pangs me to know you will never open it, but I hope you were looking down on us and were able to see what we chose for you. You have touched many lives and many people have done good deeds in your honor. Just the other day, your Grandpa, Grandma, and Aunt Teena donated a bag of toys and books to the Children’s Hospital in your name. If I could have one Christmas wish for you, it would be for you to be happy. I hope that you are playing with all of the other angel babies in heaven and that your Grandpa Eric is supervising. Merry Christmas, sweet baby.
We love you! We will always love you!
Mommy and Daddy



Merry Christmas, Jelly Bean!
We loved you before we even knew about you. You have brought us much happiness and hope. Your daddy and I have many dreams for your future. We love and appreciate each moment we have with you and can’t wait to officially meet you in June (so please, stay put!). We long to hear your first screams and look into your eyes. Yesterday, we learned whether you are a boy or a girl. Both of us are just ecstatic and can’t believe how blessed we are. I’ve already started calling you by your possible name. Your dad is sticking to Jelly Bean- the name he coined, by the way. He thinks it should be your real name, too. Don’t worry… With a last name like ours, I’ll fight for you to have a simple, beautiful name. After our appointment, your daddy wanted to go to the toy store to purchase your first Christmas present. We bought one for Ella, too. Both gifts are sitting under the tree. We can’t wait to spend next Christmas with you.
All of our love,
Mommy and Daddy



Dear Daddy,
It is my second Christmas without you. I still can’t believe you are gone. You cross my mind several times a day. Just this morning I thought of you when a friend made a comment about her neighbors bbqing out in the freezing cold. I have so many memories of you bbqing in twenty degree weather when we lived in Boston. When I think of you at Christmas, I think of all of the yummy food you’d prepare for us to munch on. I still miss your pigs in a blanket- the one time of year you could catch me eating hot dogs. We always loved how you would go shopping and get us gifts that you picked out by yourself. Brook and I always teased that you could put together an outfit better than anybody. I certainly hope you aren’t alone this Christmas. I hope you are loving on Ella for me. All of my love.
Your baby daughter,
Bree

24 comments:

  1. Oh Bree, what beautiful loving letters! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These made me cry, Bree. So lovely and beautiful.

    Merriest of Christmases to you, your husband, Jelly Bean, and Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely letters. So heartfelt.

    I stuck with calling this baby Sprout after we found out the sex, we know his name, we just haven't shared it because he is Sprout to us :) .. but I coined it so maybe it is a harder habit for us to break :)

    Merry Christmas to the 4 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful letters full of so much love, Bree!
    That's exciting you found out little Jelly Bean's gender! Merry Christmas to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful lovely letters. Merry Christmas Ella in Heaven and Merry Christmas to you too.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your letters with us...all 3 were beautiful...

    I hope you and your hubby have a peaceful Christmas ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your letter to Ella sounds so much like my own to Madelyn.

    Thinking of you this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Bree - your letter to your dad made me think about my mom and ofcourse I miss Akul just like you miss Ella - every day. Hugssssssss. I sit here crying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas, Bree. Thank you for sharing your letters with all of us! I hope you decide to share Jelly Bean's gender sometime with us! No pressure though! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. (((Hugs)))
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful, all three of them.

    are you not telling us the gender of the new baby?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Bree. You are such a loving mommy. I am so happy that you are expecting again. May you continue to be blessed. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an absolutely beautiful post, thank you so much for sharing. A belated merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful letters, Bree. Sending you love and praying for peace for you this Christmas season. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Bree,
    I really want to write a letter to my twins Alexander & Amelia too but I just can't, at least not yet. We lost them at 19w due to IC on 11/10/09. Your letter to Ella was beautiful. Lizy from Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Bree,

    I just started reading your blog and read the whole thing - I really loved it and it gave me hope. I lost my baby at 25 weeks due to an incompetent cervix and preterm labor as well - our son was born still alive, and lived just short of two weeks. His name was Jack.
    I wish you all the best with your pregnancy.

    Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this Bree! I actually have (private) blogs where I have written letters to my children. I one day will get it made into a blog book (I wrote about that on my blog I think) so that they will have them to look back and read. Thank you for letting us have this personal peak into your heart!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Crying my eyes out. I just don't even have words - only tears...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bree, your letters were absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing. *huge hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bree,
    You gave me strength to write a note to the twins. Thank you. Praying for a peaceful journey with baby "Jellybean." Abrazo (hugs) Lizy From Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the letters, Bree. Such beautiful, heartfelt letters...

    Love to Ella and "Jelly Bean"

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely post! Thinking of you, Ella, and Jelly Bean this holiday season~hoping 2010 brings great joy to you and your family.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  23. *Tears* Thinking of you honey and I thank you for sharing this. Love, Nan xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm wiping tears from my eyes right now. Your letters were so beautifully written - thank you for sharing them - hope you had a great holiday with your family and friends, hubby and jelly bean :)

    ReplyDelete