Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Her First Christmas






Thank you Mackenzie's mom, Ashley for making Ella her first stocking.

Ella received her first Christmas gift this week. My sister made a donation in her name to the March of Dimes. Thank you, sister!

I made my donation to Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. I didn't use their services, but I know many people who did and the pictures I do have of Ella are a treasure. Because we love our pets and hoped Ella would too, my husband plans on making his donation to the local animal shelter where we adopted Cassidy three years ago.

Thinking of you all. Hope you are finding ways to get through the holidays. XOXO

20 comments:

  1. I love Ella's stocking and all the little butterflies on the tree! I didn't use NILMDTS either but they provide such a needed service and some of the photos I've seen are so touching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so nice to make a donation to NILMDTS. We did not use their service with Chase as we did not know about it then however we did use their service with Emma because her nurse mentioned it. I wish we had more photos of both of them though.

    Ella's stocking is adorable and the tree is so pretty with all the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful. Marry Christmas Ella! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just absolutely love the tree and Ella's stocking! I think these firsts are going to be really tough - and then the "seconds" will be, and "thirds"...

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Bree your tree brought tears to my eyes ...you know it is so easy for me to cry...I am sure Ella loves her tree ...hugsssss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tree and her stocking is adorable.

    Thinking of you and precious Ella.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree looks beautiful. Thank you for your comment on the card. I wanted to post something like that and thought that finding a card would work out best. I knew that Hallmark often has one for Christmas so I bought it and scanned it to share with all of you. Take care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your tree, Bree. It is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure Ella is so proud of her Mommy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ella's tree is absolutely beautiful. I know she is smiling down at her tree.

    The donations are an absolutely beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bree- The tree is beautiful! Ella's ornaments are perfect for her first tree! I am still looking for an ornament or two for Luke! She is looking down and loving how you are keeping her memory alive! You are an awesome mommy!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tree is so perfect...I love it and her stocking. What a wonderful thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful.
    What an amazing way to honor your sweet, sweet girl.
    I wish she was here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas Ella! The tree is wonderful and Ashley did a wonderful job on the stockings! I think it is a great way to honor our babies by donating to causes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your tree is beautiful. i LOVE the butterflies. and you are welcome.

    your sister

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful, I couldn't have seen this any other way, like without butterflies for sweet Ella...love it! Baby girl is with you every time you think of her! Hugs, Nan xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bree, I love love love your butterfly and angle tree! Its so perfect! You did a great job! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bree, it's beautiful. All of it. Remembering Ella with you. Her tree is just lovely. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am new to your blog. I wanted to express my sorrow for your losing Ella. And I just love her stocking. I love it.

    I hope you are feeling better (physically -- emotionally too, but you know what I mean). :)

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a wonderful way to remember her! Thinking of you!!!
    Hugs-
    L

    ReplyDelete