
So the last few days had been good to me. I had been feeling light, positive, even flashed a smile a couple of times. But this morning, I was thrown back into darkness. It may have something to do with the fact that I received an invite to a baby shower this morning. It may be because I stopped taking my antidepressants- AGAIN. It could be that Ella's due date is next week and the days leading up to that day feel so gloomy.
The first thing I did this morning was drive over to the school where I will be teaching a summer school class in a few weeks. I was hyperventilating a bit in the car. Another painful reminder that what should have been this month, is not. I heard a song playing on the radio that went something like this, "I held her first, I saw her first, from the first breath she breathed, to her first smile back at me." It is a song about a father giving his daughter away to be married. I hurt for my DH when I heard this song. I ached for my own dad to be resurrected from the dead.
I spent several hours google searching all of my aliments. AF still has not come for her monthly visit. It's been 40 freaking days. On top of that, my mind is playing tricks on me. I've been feeling crampy, nauseous, my boobs hurt, and I have to pee every five minutes. Numerous pregnancy tests confirm that I am not pregnant. I am desperate to just get my period so that we can have another chance at trying. Unfortunately, my doctor is making me wait two weeks from the last time we had intercourse to start taking meds to induce a period.
Last night I had a horrible dream. I dreamt that some friends of mine were mocking me for being so upset over my loss. One of them was saying that I didn't experience "real" childbirth because Ella was so early. I begged my husband to go and get Ella's pictures and her ashes so that I could show them. By the time he brought these items to me, my friends had left. When I woke up, I had an email from one of these friends requesting a get together. I am too upset over the dream to email her back right now. Yes, I know it was just a dream. But, I have been upset with this group of friends for some time now because they really haven't been there for me since Ella died. I even invited them to view my blog and they never responded. I wish I had the guts to straight out tell them that I felt abandoned by them. But, knowing me, I'll probably just ignore the email and that will be that.
I know one of my best friends is no longer reading my blog either. That upsets me too. I put myself out there and was willing to share my true feelings with certain people, but she must not understand that it was a privilege to be invited. At least if you're not going to read it, explain to me why. Don't just ignore it. I know she is not reading it because she hasn't responded to any of the posts. She didn't even comment on Ella's picture.
I'm just surviving, trying to get through the next few days leading up to Ella's day. I'm not sure how I want to spend that day. Part of me wants to make plans and another part of me wants to just see how I feel that day. I spend every second thinking about how I would probably be house bound right about now. I'd be too huge and uncomfortable to go anywhere. Who knows, she could have come early and I could have delivered this week.
I'm still devastated. Still sad. Still angry that my baby is not here with me.










Okay, loaded response... The worst part of trying to conceive is the waiting. I had so many cycles where AF wouldn't show up because I didn't ovulate and I would have to wait forever for her or for provera to induce it and it felt like such wasted time. Sucks. Maybe your friends read and don't know what to say in response? I have people who I know read, but don't feel comfortable posting a response. I do also, however, have a couple friends who do NOT read and it is clear. They did in the beginning, but I guess it is old news. It does hurt my feelings too, so you aren't alone. Dreams are the worst. Sometimes it is so hard to shake those feelings. The anticipation of the due date is so rough, and honestly the due date itself was really rough for me. But I also kind of felt "lifted" after it was over. I had been dreading it so much, it was kind of nice to have it pass. Didn't take away my pain, but you know what I mean. Bottom line for all of my rambling... you are not alone in your feelings!
ReplyDeleteDo we all go through this with the friends? I had another person (I won't call her a friend, in fact she's the person I do NOT get along with in my "will you be my friend" post) who is upset with me because she had to explain what happened to me to her 3 and 5 year old. Say what? It's not like I said anything in front of them, but even if I did, couldya cut me some slack? Mt friggin' baby died! People can be so THICK sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI had a dream the other night that had me on edge. I delivered my little girl, term, in the hospital. Everything was as I wished it would be. So hard to wake up from that one and face reality - like waking up into the nightmare, instead of the other way around.
Sweetie, just know that we're all here. Looking forward to whatever you have to say, keeping you and your husband in our thoughts and prayers. Yeah, this is a stinky "family" to have, all us members of the "Empty Belly, Empty Arms" Club. But you know what they say about gift horses and all. :)
Loving on you.....
So much you said sounds so familiar. I know your Ella's due date is getting so close, and I have been worried about you. You definitely won't know until that day comes how you are going to feel.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about friends. After you lose a baby, so much changes that nobody understands unless they have gone through it, or are going through it. All my friends have changed...I honestly have very few left, and they are different ones than I thought were my friends.
I haven't invited anyone to my blog. Nobody. I didn't want to have to deal w/ people reading it or NOT reading it. It just is not the same for someone who has not gone through it. Period.
And it DOES NOT MATTER how early or how late a baby was lost. Either way a BABY died. Your baby. My baby. Everyone else's baby. It's awful. And Ella was beautiful. I am just sorry you didn't get to keep her with you.
Hugs,
Angela
Sometimes people are so stupid. Sorry to hear your friends haven't been a better support system to you now when you need them most. Also, sometimes pregnancy can throw your thyroid out of whack. I suddenly stopped having periods years ago and my thyroid was the culprit. Most Doctors would think to test this. But I wanted to mention it just in case, cause mine didn't (He just gave me Provera )and it took months and another Dr. to find out. I hope things get better for you soon, keep on keepin on, there are alot of people in the blogosphere thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteHi there. I lost my son on MArch 21st, 2009 to congenital diaphragmatic hernia. I still have yet to have AF. It's been 17 weeks since he was born... it is driving me CRAZY! I called my doctor first of June who told me that stress is likely causing it and to wait until Aug. and call back then. I told them... well not having my period is causing me stress. So they said to call back in 4 weeks (which will be next week). I keep tricking myself into thinking I am pregnant... hightened smell, light cramping, hunger pains... it's weird. Hang in there. I will be thinking of you and your little angel!
ReplyDeleteOh how my heart is aching for you afte this post! It sucks- all of it- and the thing is when I was feeling this way all I wanted was some acknowledgement- espcially from friends who seemed to go on with their lives- when I couldn't!!! I think that through this you will (perhaps) learn that there are friends for seasons and as much as it sometimes sucks- you can only go through so much- you need to take care of yourself- you are so raw especially now and it hurts so much to read your words- know how you feel and go back to that place. Though this you will find ho will be there for you in your dark days- I know that some of my best friends now are the angel mommies that I met through my local support group because they get it- they remember- they understand. Judging on the comments- I hope that you see a lot of 'strangers' are here for you and thinking of you and praying for you- it is rough- will be thinking of you in this upcoming week and of course after as I know this journey. Hang in!
ReplyDeleteHugs-
Laura
I hate to say this but I had to laugh when I read this about your friends. Tonight at dinner with my sister, she was complaining about an event put on by the GLBA and "why do they have to have a group they are only 2% of the population" kinda thing. I was getting no where with her in my responses so finally I said loudly and angrily "look, I had two miscarriages and 20% of women have them, yet I am still different, misunderstood, miserable, and uncomfortable to be around. The only way I can hope that other women won't have to feel this way some day is if we all get together and help others understand our plight - and that requires an organized group"...then went on to make comparisons about GLBA and all my infant loss groups. Anyway - i just thought it was really funny how I've been with her for four days without talking a WORD about my "situation" and this is how it all finally came out! People just don't realize how lucky they are when they get to be in the "norm"... I miss being in the norm, but I tell ya what, I would so much rather be among the women on this side of the fence because it feels better to be aware of how people are affected by loss than unaware.
ReplyDeleteOkay - sorry for the rant. I am sorry you are having a rough week but cut yourself some slack, this is probably one of the roughest times you will face. Not only is your due date next week, but you are in the 3-4 month post loss timezone and everyone says this is the hardest. I say just let yourself be sad. Sometimes I find myself going thru the motions just to get through them so that hopefully next time it will be easier. Sometime, it will be easier, I promise.
Call me if you need me...
Kathy
Hey you - just checking in. I was so saddened by this post. It all rings very true.
ReplyDeleteI hope you find some peace soon.....xx