Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday Night Snippets

Is it bad that I've asked my husband to disgard all Christmas cards this year? If you know me in real life, I love you, but just can't stomach cards this year. Number one, the one's I have received so far, are impersonal (I mean, it would be nice if people acknowledged that it's our first Christmas without Ella) and number two they have pictures of children on them. I should be sending out my first Ella holiday cards, too!

Anyone watch Desperate Housewives? I'm pretty sure Lynette is going to lose her twins next episode. In a way, I'm kind of happy that the media is going to portray such a loss. I just hope they do a good job with it. We'll see.

21 comments:

  1. Hi Bree - I hear you. Christmas cards... so hard not to see our Angel Baby's name. They are such a huge part of our lives.. I wish everyone felt that way.

    Love to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know i dont even want to see them, but i know that we will get some. blech.

    ~~hugs~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the no Christmas cards. It would be nice if everyone included our angels in their holiday festivites or at the very least like you said mention them. This time of year is just hard. I saw Desperate Housewives but missed the previews for next week, I am with you, as long as its portrayed right Id be okay with it too. I got Brystons butterfly and the sparrow you sent, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand! Last year we got all kinds of Christmas cards with peoples brand new babies on them and this time last year Kasey grew his wings, the cards threw my husband over the edge. Sending you lots of hugs and love. I too would love if people would acknowledge Kasey when they send us cards...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, this year is going to be tough. I am not ready for Christmas in any shape or form...including christmas cards. It is most certainly difficult not to see our babies on christmas cards this year. Thinking of you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel. I'm sending some out, just because I always feel bad when I get a bunch & never send any in return. Of course, the few I've already got don't list him either. Feels weird not to put Joel's name on ours, but I'm sure it would just confuse most people & I'm really not up for the discussions that would come up because of it. Feels like I'm taking the easy way out, but it sure hurts either way.

    And to let you know, I just got his butterflies in the mail today. I'd avoided the post office as long as I could so I wouldn't have to see all the bills as soon as I got home. lol Thank you for sending them & for making a 2nd, it was very sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bree, I totally agree. I have no interest in Christmas cards. I was looking to sending out cards with Jonathan's picure on them and I can't do that so I may just skip them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica- How about cards with Jonathon's hand or foot prints? I wish I had the guts too! I wanted to put her pic on the Thanksgiving table, but my husband didn't agree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get what you are saying about the Christmas cards. For me it's a little different. I find people giving me Christmas cards who never did before. I feel like it's out of sympathy. Not what I want. I'd love it if they acknowledged my Jenna too. I get it, I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I joined a Angel Mommy Christmas card on FB and have loved it. They acknowledge the boys and it just melts my heart. I know how you feel though, I have all of my friends who I was pregnant with who sent their family cards. =( salt in the wound.

    I have a feeling that she is going to lose the twins as well. I'm not sure if I can watch it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto...I'm not into cards this year either and the thoughs of them arriving in our mailbox makes me so sad. I had envisioned the perfect Christmas photo card with the most wonderful Christmas present of all, our baby. This was to have been his 1st Christmas and he would be days old.

    Now, the reality is that I will face numerous cards with adorable smiling faces, of everyone elses children. All while I long for mine....

    May we all find our way through this difficult time.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm posting again because I am remembering my friend Cheri's Christmas card that she sent the year her daughter Katie died (2yrs) It had Katies picture on the outside of the card and was titled "If I Could Have One Christmas Wish" I still remember how beatiful that card was...and what strength it took to send it out, but she was remembering her angel and it was so touching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very sorry to you because I know you will get cards...and feeling a little bad since I am one who will be sending some out this year. I really like the post above about "If I could have one Christmas Wish..." What a wonderful way to remember a child and remind everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Last year this time I would sit in front of the fire place and watch all the xmas shows. I would sit and think about this christmas and tell myself that my child would believe in the magic of christmas and in Santa. I so wanted him to have that dreamy innocence which breeds fairy tales because as a kid I was very dreamy... I lived in an enchanted land all my own. This year I walk away from all that is christmas because I no longer believe in happily every after.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It can be very hard to see those cards at times. What helps me is when I send my cards I sign with all our names...including my angel baby. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  16. We weren't going to send out cards this year, but then decided to when we realized we could include Emma and Chase on the cards. I always want people to acknowledge my babies as well. I get what you mean. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Desperate Housewives is gut wrenching for me to watch. I hate it that she is pregnant with twins, but I still can't turn it off. I have thought about contacting the writers to let them know what a mother who has lost her twins really feels like...not that they would listen or anything. I too hope they do a good job of portraying a bereaved family (if she does in fact lose them.)
    I had a hard time with Christmas cards too. We always do a family photo, but it was really difficult to do it this year with our girls missing. We still did it and I am glad because I know I would be upset later down the road if I didn't have a picture of us at this point in our lives and I have found a way to include the girls. Hope you are doing well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally understand, Bree! Every time I go and get the mail, I brace myself for those pictures of smiling families. I'm happy for them, but they're just not constructive at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Obviously you are not alone! Just want to send you hugs and let you know I am thinking of you. Love, Nan xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are sending out our annual Christmas letter only b/c I want everyone to know about our daughter and her wonderful and all too brief life. We are including a picture of her.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Christmas has been tough for me, too - I lost my baby at 10 1/2 weeks in August. But I just decided to enjoy the holidays as I always have and to do my homemade Christmas cards. I have gotten weepy lately - it seems everyone I know is having a baby. But Christmas has been a bit healing for me!

    ReplyDelete