Thursday, May 14, 2009

Show and Tell


Okay, this post is brought to you by the teacher in me.

I've just finished up my seventh preemie hat. I haven't worked out all the details yet, but I'd like to donate these to the hospital where I had Ella. I am very much a novice knitter, but wanted to get started on something. I've had a hard time finding patterns for micropreemies, so I've been trying to adjust the patterns I find on my own. I still need to learn how to make the cute pom pom for the top or figure out where to buy them. The pink hat in the picture is actually the hat that Ella wore. It is so tiny, but when I look at her pictures, the hat looks huge on her precious head. I enjoy knitting the hats. Even on days where I don't leave house, I know that I still accomplished something if I worked on hat. Sometimes my hands start to hurt from knitting for so long, but I keep going for Ella.

I'm also working on another project. In honor of Ella, I will send a card to you to on your child's birthday. I think it would be nice to receive a card just to know that someone is thinking of you on such a difficult day. I got this idea from my friend Shannon, who started doing this after losing her daugther, Clare at 20 weeks. Nine years later, she still sends cards to the hundreds of families that signed up. Right now, I'm designing the first set of cards that will go out. So, more details to follow...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ella's mum,
    I admire your courage and strenght to move on
    after what has happened..Keep on neating. I love neating too but don't know how to do different patterns,I like the hats in the posted image,to me they resemble babies
    all cute and cuddly..I wish you well in good
    or bad times..

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hats are precious! I'm sure the parents will appreciate them as much as you treasure Ella's. It's been so healing for me to knit blankets in honor of Levi, I'm glad you've found the same to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great what you're doing! It's awesome that you're doing good in Ella's name and spreading some positive energy.

    Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SOOOOO JEALOUS! Those hats are precious and I am DYING to know how to knit or crochet so i can make blankets and hats like that...I wish you were closer so you could teach me! Feel like taking a vacation to BAMA???? : )

    What an awesome mom Ella has....Great job, Bree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable!

    I'd like to hear more about your cards project- I just started one, too. I found a site that is kind of like netflix but you use your computer to send real cards to people. I need the extra help as I'm not too crafty ;0)

    It is wonderful you are reaching out to people- such a great way to create a legacy for Ella

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have started making hats too! I crochet, though. I love that you are making these. And, the idea for the cards is fabulous...I may have to start this too.

    ReplyDelete