Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ella's Name Gallery Idea

Have you seen Stellan's Name Gallery?

I would love, love, love to have some pictures like this for Ella. I actually chose the name Ella because it means, "one who travels." I loved the idea of my daughter exploring the world. Now, here is the way that our babies can "see" the world. I think it would be so neat if we took these types of pictures for each other. We all live in different places and could get some really cool pics. I think I may even ask some of my IRL friends to take these types of pictures while they're traveling this summer. If you would like me to take a picture of your baby's name, leave me a comment or send me an email: briannemeg@yahoo.com. Don't forget to leave me your email address so I can send the pic to you.

I'm also getting my birthday cards up and running. If you would like to receive one, email me the following info:
the date you'd like to recieve a card
who and where the card should be addressed to
your baby's name

UPDATE:
My friend just sent me a photo of Ella in Las Vegas! Will post soon. I'm so excited!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Bree. I came across your blog today and we have too much in common. I really enjoyed reading all of your thoughts and feelings about this horrible card we have been dealt.
    I lost my Luke on April 11th, 2009..the Saturday before Easter. I had no PTL...just an IC. My water broke at 17 weeks and it was obviously horrible. Luke sleeps next to me in his heart urn just as your sweet Ellan does. I bet she was beautiful. If it were me in your shoes...I would have made the same decisions that you did.
    I hope you are having a great week. Thanks again for your blog. It is so nice to not feel alone. I don't have a blog yet....I think I should start one.
    Hugs, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I had a typo in the above comment...I know her name is ELLA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin,
    I'm so sorry for your loss of precious Luke. I've met a lot of really nice ladies through the blog. I highly recommend it. Id love to hear your story. Your loss was so recent. You can also email me. I'm not sure if I shared, but Ella's ashes are in a heart shaped urn too.
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  4. To post a link write the word that you want to be the link (ex. name gallery, or whatever), highlight it with your mouse and then click on the button that looks like Earth with parenthesis...it's the fifth button over. Enter the URL for the website, and that should do it.

    I think the name gallery is a really cool idea. I'll send you one from Vancouver and one from Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know i'd love to have one for Maddox (or Maddie - whatever is easier!!)

    I'll be looking around for some names for Ella!!

    i'll send you my info the for cards too....please share what you get with me...i'd love to send some too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool idea. I am so jealous I didn't think of this myself. I may start one too. I will definitely send you one of Ella.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bree...I love your birthday card idea! what a fabulous idea!! Very sweet.

    Zoelle's urn is heart shaped as well, with 2 little butterflies. I love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bree, I love the photograph idea!! That's such a cool idea! I live outside of Boston so I could get a picture of Ella's name for you there if you're interested. I'll send you an email. GREAT IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the name gallery idea!!! I love to travel too, and I thought it was so cool that Ada had been to 12 states before she was born. When we spread her ashes at the beach my husband said that now she will get to travel forever - it was perfect. Anyway, I will definitely try to get a Florida picture of Ella sometime soon! I would love one for Ada too...you can email it to me at adasmama@yahoo.com .

    ReplyDelete